WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Team Meeting: Make & Takes


I always love the projects we make at our team meetings. It reminds me why I love what I do. The fun of sitting with other women - some I know and some I have just met - creating projects with fun and new products. The card we made was SUPER easy and fast to make. Do you see the sparkle on the cuff of the stocking? Stampin' Up! has Silver Glimmer paper in the Holiday Mini this year! No glitter mess! The stocking from Stitched Stockings and the silver cuff, toe, and heel of the stocking was punched with the stocking builder punch making it so easy. No cutting required! The hexagon box was made from the Mini Milk Carton Bigz Die (#117310) for use with the Big Shot.

Stitched Stockings Stamp Set  #123784 (clear-mount)  or #123782 (wood-mount)

Stocking Builder Punch #124095


A fellow demonstrator, Katy Zamer, showed everyone how to make what is known in the crafting world as a "lollie" - I like to call them medallions. These are pretty fun to make and some have even become addicted to them. There are so many variations that you can do to make them all look different. Using the new Simply Scored tool makes this an easy task. I've never used another scoring tool so I can't compare but I'm told it's better than any other on the market! I thought it was so easy to use. I like that it has score lines every 1/8". It comes with 3 place markers and a stylus for scoring your paper. You can attach to the board wherever you want to remember where to score when making 3-dimensional projects like a lollies, boxes, mini-scrapbook albums, or even cards with fancy folds. You can also get extra markers and a stylus. I would recommend the extra stylus. If you are anything like me I tend to lose things on my table when I set them down in the middle of a big project. There is a place to snap your stylus into at the bottom of the board and there is also a storage tray at the top of the board for extra place markers, stylus, or any necessary writing tools.

Simply Scored #122334
 You can find these things and more in my online store 24/7. If you need any help making these projects let me know. I'm happy to help! If you are reading this please feel free to comment below. I love to hear what others like or want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment