WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, February 27, 2012

Gnome Sweet Gnome Thanks!


The more I use this stamp set the more I like it. This set is very interactive, meaning that there are so many individual components to this set to create just the right scene. I made this card for a new customer as a thank you for coming to my  class and for her order she placed. I send thank you's to all my customers as well as a "thinking of you" card from time to time for those I haven't heard from in a while. Getting cards in the mail (instead of boring bills) is what makes getting the mail so exciting - right? 

I started with my Pear Pizzazz standard A2 card base then cut off a very small portion (maybe 1/2") from the bottom but then realized that it was going to be hard to emboss the card with the matching folder SO I had to START OVER! At least this was discovered early in the process!

So, instead I debossed (used the embossing folder backwards to have the embossing indented instead of raised) the bottom 3/4" with the Adorning Accents Embossing Folder. Then I lined up the scallops of the Adorning Accents Edgelit Die on my Big Shot with the embossed scallops and adhered a 5.5"x1" piece of Twitterpated Designer Series Paper on the bottom edge. I also embossed the hearts with the Adorning Accents embossing folder in the middle of the Pear Pizzazz card base.

I cut out the smaller label on Whisper White card stock and stamped my images with Basic Black classic ink. Then I cut out the larger label on blushing bride card stock and layered the two labels. Know that you should not layer these until you are happy that your stamped layer is perfect because it would not be a happy day if you had to start over again, but I don't tend to follow the rules too well myself! 

I  water colored the image with my aqua painter, classic ink pad, and markers (for the inks I didn't have pads for). I stamped the message "You light up my lawn!" by masking. (I think that's the right term!) I didn't want "my lawn!" to run on top of my gnome so I put a piece of paper over the gnome so that only "You light up " would appear and did the same for the "my lawn!" on the next row. Cool! I attached the layered label with Stampin' Dimensionals and voila!

Supplies used in this card:

InLinkz.com


Earn Free product for every $50 purchase! There is no limit to how many free items you get. Spend $100 - get 2 free! Spend $150 - get 3 free (and a free reusable tote!) Click here for the catalog of free products you can choose!

Start your own business or just get a discount for your hobby! Save $50 on a starter kit. Pay only $125 for $340 worth of product. There is NO OBLIGATION to do anything further! If you would like to start your own business you can sign up online but I would love to talk with you and answer any questions you may have.


24/7 Shopping from your seat - not from your feet! You can shop my store in your pajamas. It's time to Sale-A-Brate! Choose free product for every $50 in purchases. There is exclusive product made just for Sale-A-Bration and there are some favorites from the 2011-12 Idea Book & Catalog. Click here to see what you can choose as your reward for being such a great customer!

Host a workshop! When you invite a few friends and have a stampin' party you can earn free product from your party sales! During Sale-A-Bration you also get a free exclusive shopping tote or a Sale-A-Bration exclusive hostess bundle! You can also join or start a stamping club where everyone commits to an equal minimum monthly purchase and everyone takes turns being the hostess. Check out my calendar of events or call me to schedule your workshop. I can also do long distance workshops!

No comments:

Post a Comment