WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mixed Bunch Bookmark


This bookmark is a quick and easy project to make for yourself or as a gift for others.  Seriously, this is probably a 15-minute project at best! Follow the directions below to make your own:

1. Start with a 4"x4" card stock base of your own color. I used Cherry Cobbler card stock for this sample.

2. Using the Diagonal Score Plate, score at 2" on one side, then turn the card stock clockwise and score at 2" and fold at the crease lines.

3. Cut a 2"x2" square of any color card stock and cut in half on the diagonal and attach to the back of your bookmark to secure the flaps together as seen in the picture below. I recommend using Tombow Multi-purpose Glue (#110755) or Sticky Strip (#104294) as this flap is a "moving" part. Snail will work but it may not be as long lasting as the Tombow or the Sticky Strip.


4. Choose some Designer Series Paper (DSP) to layer on top of your card stock base. Cut this DSP at 3 3/4"x3 3/4"If your DSP has to be facing a certain way be sure to put that right side up and score on the diagonal at 1 7/8" then turn it clockwise and score again at 1 7/8". Cut off the flaps and attach to your card stock with SNAIL (#104332).

(Now you can really do anything you want to decorate this - add more layers or use border punches or your favorite shaped punch. For this example I used the Mixed Bunch stamp set and Blossom punch found in the 2012 Occasions Mini.)

5. Using the Mixed Bunch stamp set (W#125535, C#125537) I stamped the center of the flower on Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out with the 1" circle punch (#119868). 

6. Stamp the flower of your choice from this stamp set onto Cherry Cobbler card stock then punch it out with the Blossom Punch (#125603).

7. Attach the center of the flower to your punched flower with a Dimensional (#104430) and attach the flower to your card stock with a Dimensional. I also embellished the center of the flower with a pearl (#119247)

8. To make the flag banner that attaches to the flower cut a 2.5"x3/4" piece of card stock in Crumb Cake (or your favorite color). 

9. Stamp your favorite sentiment from Loving Thoughts (W#125843, C#125845) but make sure it will fit on the flag and give you room on each end!

10. Using a square punch you can make the flag on one end. Curl the end up with your bone folder. I secured this flag banner with a glue dot at each end and a dimensional in the middle so it wasn't completely flat. Voila! You are done!




This picture shows you how it fits on the book pages. Just sit it on the corner of a few pages and your page is marked!


You can see the bookmark isn't so thick in this book and holds your place nicely!

(I wish I could take credit for the design of this bookmark, but I can't. Rene Watson designed this and I made it in one of her classes.)

I would love to see the bookmarks that you make!  Email me and I will include your images on my blog for others to see! If you need further clarification on how to make this let me know and I will be glad to help!







I live in Carthage TN Tennessee where I love to use rubber stamps to make cards and scrapbooks. I teach classes and you can get your stamping and scrapbook supplies from me! Contact me for more information 615-281-9899 or paperaddict4fun@gmail.com Carolyn Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment