WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Stampin' Up! Baby Prints


I was browsing online (sometimes I spend way too much time on that task!)  and came across this card by Kristin Sobolik. It was so beautiful and simple - I just had to make it! I saw that someone in facebook land had a new baby boy so I thought it was fate and I wasn't going to wait and make it later - NOW was the time! 

I like the stripes of card stock punched with the Dotted Ribbon Border Punch, but I wanted to try something different. I tried my favorite retired Eyelet Border Punch but couldn't seem to layer the punches the way I wanted. I tried the ruffled ribbon technique with the new Midnight Muse stitched ribbon, but again I didn't like the way it looked....so I tried Kristin's idea (how about that?) and I LOVED IT!!!!

I did change one thing besides the colors - instead of rhinestones I used mini brads - much better suited for a boy I think!


Aren't these baby hands and feet so ADORABLE??? This was the inside of the card and then I HAD to stamp the outside of the envelope too - right?


Don't you just love this color combination? This combo  came from the Color Coach and is perfect for a baby themed project. I actually didn't have the Bashful Blue ink pad so I used my Stampin' Write marker and colored the rubber instead! Our markers are really a great tool - there are so many great techniques you can do with markers!

It's perfectly fine to CASE (copy and share everything) other people's work! Sometimes I copy exactly what I see - why reinvent the wheel? Other times I use other people's ideas as a starting point - maybe it was a color combination, or  the  layout was perfect for a stamp set I wanted to use, or maybe I just LOVED the Designer Series Paper (paper addict here - don't forget!) This is why I LOVE being a demonstrator! I thought about joining years ago but didn't feel I was "creative enough" but several years later when I thought about joining again, I saw all the resources available and I jumped on it!

If you are thinking of joining the Stampin' Up family (and it truly is a family!) and have any questions - contact me - and I will guide you through your thought process and help you decide if joining is right for you. You can join just for the discount if you like - or start to earn some extra cash for the holidays! AND if you sign up by August 31 you get everything to make this adorable Halloween kit! Also if you join now, you have until December 31 to decide if you want to keep getting the discount or just walk away.


Supplies used:










SPOOKTACULAR OFFER!! - Get a Halloween Home Decor project kit ($60 value) FREE when you get the Starter Kit for $99 which includes up to $125 of products of your choosing. NOT SURE IT'S FOR YOU? After getting your starter kit in August, you have until December 31st to decide if you would like to continue getting a discount or do nothing more!

31 DAYS OF DIGITAL DISCOUNTS! Not only can you choose from 31 digital products (stamps, embellishments, templates, and a disc) but most print products are discounted 31% as well! THAT'S RIGHT - PHOTOBOOKS, CARDS, INDIVIDUAL PAGES, SWATCHBOOKS, AND MORE! (If you sign up to be a demonstrator you could actually get them at up to a 61% discount during this offer!)

24/7 SHOPPING AT MY ONLINE STORE My store is always open online! Shop in your jammies if you like! Get ready for all your holiday crafts! If you prefer, you can always email me your order or your phone number and I'm happy to call you back to discuss your upcoming projects and what you may need to complete them!


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! and love your inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, this is such a sweet card. Love the blue combo and the simplicity of the dotted ribbon punch in the background. Thank you so much for coming by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment on my whale baby shower post. It was great to have you visit! Many blessings to you and as always, happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete