WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Friday, November 2, 2012

Autumn Accents Thank You - Direct to Paper Technique




Have you visited my Idea Gallery? Did you know I had one? I do! On my Stampin Up Business Website - Each month Stampin' Up loads a few new pictures to my gallery for me! I don't have to create everything from scratch - actually I rarely do. There are ideas for cards, scrapbook pages, gifts, and more! If you click on an image in my Idea Gallery you will get the details of what products are needed for that project.

I don't have either the Wonderfall or Sassy Salutations  stamp set nor do I have the buttons - but thought it would be fun to try to make this with what I did have!


As you can see - it is very similar! Since I didn't have the stamp set I decided to die cut the leaves - then crinkle them up! That's right - wad them up. If you want more texture - unfold and wad them up again. Then I took my ink pad and lightly rubbed it on the top of the surface to give it more of a textured look. When you apply a stamp pad directly do the paper this technique is called Direct to Paper (or DTP) I also didn't think the acorn would look good just crumpled and inked up like the leaves so I embossed it with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder before using the DTP technique.

Here was the challenge - I forgot I didn't have the Cajun Craze ink pad (and why not?) so I had to get creative....I decided to rub my marker over a sponge wedge and "sponge" my leaf that way - I think it worked out well!

There really are so many ways to make these leaves "realistic" but I wanted to try something in a hurry. I hope to try other techniques soon!

If you are local  - don't forget to stop by the Pleasant Shade Fall Expo & Craft Fair tomorrow - from 9am -5pm. There is construction taking place but there are detour signs that are easy to follow.

Supplies used: (click on image for more details)



No comments:

Post a Comment