WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Countryside Birthday - MDS 2 to the Rescue!




Have you been meaning to try digital scrapbooking or crafting? Have you tried the FREE trial download available to you? If you haven't - try it - and ask me to show you how easy it is to use templates to create your own projects or how to design on your own! 

My Digital Studio has been updated and is now known as MDS 2. This software can be used to design not only scrapbooks and photobooks, but cards, calendars, tags, journals, and more!

How about hybrid projects? For those that may not know a hybrid project is part traditional crafting (rubber stamps, ink, and paper) and part digital crafting (software and digital files). I created this card using MDS 2. I can't decide if I want to purchase the Countryside stamp set - and really I should because there have been so many times I wanted to make a cards with the various images from this set. Last week I wanted to make a birthday card for Elijah's mom using the rooster image from this set. She has always loved roosters and has recently started a farm with chickens, roosters, goats, cows, and ponies.




What do you think of these images? I just love all the images in this set and should get the rubber stamp set - but I do have the digital download version of this stamp. All I did was open MDS and start a card project (and really it wouldn't matter how you start this project because you only need the image to be printed out.).  I "stamped" the rooster and then decided I needed something else with it and added the water pump. Then I changed the size of each stamp so they were proportionate to each other and would fit within the specific space I wanted them to take on my card front. Here is what my screen looked like:



Then I just printed it on Whisper White card stock! I cut it down to the size I needed and then water colored it with my aqua painter. I could have colored it on MDS but the traditional crafter in me wanted to add the water coloring myself. I actually added 3-4 colors to the rooster - well I call it a rooster because of the comb on it's head but MDS actually has it labeled as chicken (in case you are trying to find the image using the search feature!).

Then I layered it with Lucky Limeade card stock and popped it up with dimensionals on top of a top note die cut from the Twitterpated DSP. I also used some Whisper White taffeta ribbon to tie a quick bow. I think this card was completed in less than 20 minutes from start to finish. I even took the picture from inside the car when we stopped to get ice on the way to her house! I was in a hurry!





Now - if you would like to try MDS 2 as well - this is the PERFECT time to get it! It's HALF OFF until Wednesday night. There are 3 options to choose from!


You can always use Stampin' Up's professional printing service for your projects and there are new downloads created each week - and they never retire so you can get them whenever you want them.



No comments:

Post a Comment