WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, March 18, 2013

Little Additions Baby Announcement - TSSC255




Happy Monday Morning! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is the sketch for this week:


My card is a bit of stretch from the sketch, but I didn't realize, until I was done, how everything would (or not) fit together! I realized I don't have any type of baby cards in my store so off I went to search my baby stamps. I decided to use Little Additions stamp set and there is a PERFECT baby-themed color combo in the Color Coach - Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery!

I stamped the crib in Chocolate Chip and wanted a banner to announce the new baby in subtle baby colors. The banners in Little Additions are so cute and the alphabet from the new Designer Typeset photopolymer stamp set fit perfectly!!! I stamped the chair in Pretty in Pink and stamped the teddybear in Chocolate Chip and stamped him right onto the chair!



The image is layered with Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, and Chocolate Chip and an embossed layer of Certainly Celery. I also pleated ribbon down the side of the card and added a couple of Certainly Celery buttons to hold up the banner. I punched a small flower from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and placed it on the crib with a little pearl as an additional accent.


I couldn't resist adding some baby footprints to the inside of this card! I might have gone just a little over the top on this card. This is not my typical card but I do love the colors and all the layers. It was pretty heavy with all the layers so I had to weigh it....0.95 ounces!!! My typical cards are 0.40-0.45 ounces....yikes! 

Be sure to check out the other talented designers! 
Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Sue Root - Stampin' with Sue
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Eileen LeFevre - Eileen's "Stampin' Fever" Blog
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me
Mary Brown - Stamper Camper's Corner
We want you want to play along so there will be a link at the Technostampers blog to link your card! I can't wait to see your designs!


Supplies used for this card:
Stamps: Little Additions, Designer Typeset, Baby Prints
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue card stock
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Subtles Designer Buttons, White Baker's Twine, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Basic Pearl Jewel Accents


(Click on any of the links below)


  • Sale-a-bration: Time is running out! Earn free products when you shop, host a party, or join the Stampin' Up! family (expires March 22, 2013)
  • Sent With Love: Limited time offer to get an exclusive travel-themed stamp set, DSP, or save and get the bundle! (expires April 30, 2013)
  • Single Stamps: Choose any single stamps from Assortment 3 or Assortment 4 (expires March 31, 2013)
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!
  • Paper Pumpkin: A monthly subscription service to have a project kit and all supplies (except adhesive) sent to your door. Always a surprise!

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this card!!! I hope you don't mind me CASEing it for my baby announcements, this is just a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, can't wait to get that fun banner set. It is on it's way. Thanks for such a sweet sample for my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete