WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hearts A Flutter Anniversary Card




Happy Annivesary Crystal & Myron! I can't believe it has been 4 years of marriage for these lovebirds! Soon they will be celebrating the 1st birthday of their twins!!

I wanted to share this card that I made for their anniversary. I used Midnight Muse and Very Vanilla since blue was the color they used for their wedding. I used my Hearts framelits to make a heart shaped opening on the front of the card and then I embossed it. I stamped the large scalloped heart from Hearts A Flutter in Midnight Muse onto a square piece of Very Vanilla card stock and layered it behind the heart with glue dots.

Then I tied Midnight Muse satin-stitched ribbon around the base and tied it into a bow and layered the Very Vanilla layer onto the card base. Since her flowers were also colored blue I decided to add some blue colored roses. I pulled my Midnight Muse sponge dauber out and realized it was still slightly inky from the last project  I made (months ago) with the sponge dauber. So I lighly rubbed the dauber over the flower to give it a little bit of color and glued them down with Tombow Multipurpose Glue. The flower trim is beautiful as single flowers or as a row of flowers!



I finished off the card by adding a pearl in the center of each flower. After the card was complete I thought i needed something else so I added a little sparkle with the Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz. You might be able to see it in the picture above.

The only anniversary stamp set I have is from Teeny Tiny wishes and I didn't want to just stamp "Happy Anniversary" on the inside with it - so I punched it out with the Modern Label Punch and layered on a label from Apothecary Labels and added a pearl at each end to coordinate with the inside.

Gotta run!  I have to get ready for a class this afternoon! Let me know if you have any questions. Don't forget the retired list was released yesterday. If you receive my newsletter or follow me on facebook you should have it - if you don't let me know. If there is anything you want you should order it now so you aren't disappointed when it's not longer available. It's best to shop online to ensure it's still in inventory but you can always call or email me if you need anything! Toodles! 


(Click on any of the links below)



No comments:

Post a Comment