WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, July 22, 2013

TSSC273 - Simply Sketched




Welcome to another week of the Technostamper Sketch Challenge! This week's sketch is TSSC273. Here is my interpretation of the sketch:


I just LOVE this stamp set and plan to make many more cards with this one! As I write this (the day before I leave for convention) I think this will be one of my swaps. YEP! I'm the one that makes her swaps at the airport, on the plane, and in the hotel room - sometimes everyday until they are completed!

This really was pretty easy. I started with a card base of Island Indigo and cut (3) 1.5"x3.75" stripes of Soho Subway Designer Series Paper. I really liked the wood background without having to emboss. 

I stamped my sentiment and flower in Jet Black Stazon, then using my aqua painter and ink from the lid of my Primrose Petals stamp pad I quickly water colored the image from Simply Sketched - an exclusive hostess stamp set! Then I used Raspberry Ripple to accent some of the sketch marks. For the stems I used Old Olive. I love how this image looks like I spent so much time coloring, when it actually took less than a minute to color it. I spent more time opening the stamp pads and cleaning off my Aqua painter brush than actually "painting"!

For the final touch I tried LOTS of things - mostly a variation of different layers of flowers - but settled on some butterflies near the flower. What do you  think?

Supplies:
  • Stamps: Simply Sketched 
  • Ink: Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, and Jet Black Stazon
  • Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Primrose Petals, Pool Party, and Very Vanilla card stock: Soho Subway Designer Series Paper
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Embosslit


We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!

Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me



(Click on any of the links below)

  • Stock up & Save!: Buy 3 packs of DSP and get 1 FREE! No limits!!
  • FREE Kits: Join the Stampin' Up! family and choose 1 of 4 free kits along with your custom Starter Kit for only $99 which includes up to $125 of your favorite products!
  • Clearance Rack: Check out the updated Clearance Rack and save up to 80% while supplies last!
  • Paper Pumpkin: Get a project kit sent to your door each month! Subscribe today or contact me to see the past kits and sample ideas.
  • Single Stamps: Choose any single stamps from Assortment 3 or Assortment 4 (expires July 31, 2013)
  • Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 6 sets during this limited time trial!
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card, I love the butterflies. That dp is so pretty on here too. Another great card for my sketch challenge, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete