WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, September 30, 2013

Autumn Accents - TSSC282 Sketch Challenge



Happy Monday! It's time for another Technostamper Sketch Challenge (TSSC282):

I had intentions to make this a quick and easy card - but I went a different direction (surprise!). I originally thought I was going to duplicate the actual elements of the sketch, but I wanted to have a Fall theme instead of a butterfly on my card. Check it out!


I started with a card base of Baked Brown Sugar and layered a pattern from Gingham Garden. I wanted to subdue the bright colors of Whisper White and Pear Pizzazz so I lightly sponged some Baked Brown Sugar over the DSP, then sponged the edges with the same color.

I used a Tea Lace Paper Doily but again I had to mute the bright white color so I sponged some Baked Brown Sugar over the doily. Using Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze I cut some leaves with the Autumn Accents Bigz Die. I embossed one leaf with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and the other with the retired Spider Web Embossing Folder. I lightly sponged the embossed leaf and edges with Baked Brown Sugar. 

I used a 3/4" strip of Pear Pizzazz card stock and roughed up the edges using my embossing tool, and again, sponged the edges with Baked Brown Sugar. Then I stamped a greeting from Lots of Thanks with Baked Brown Sugar ink. (I don't know that I've ever used so much Baked Brown Sugar!) Using Linen Thread I made a small bow and attached it to the top of the leaf stems. 

Based on this card, I must think that Fall is full of texture! I can't wait to see what you create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me



Supplies used for this project:
  • Stamps: Lots of Thanks
  • Ink: Baked Brown Sugar
  • Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, and Pear Pizzazz card stock; Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper
  • Accessories: Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Spiderweb Embossing Folder (retired), Stampin' Distress Tool, Linen Thread, Stampin' Sponges



(Click on any of the links below)


  • Butterfly Bundle Special: Save 15% when you buy this butterfly punch and stamp set. (expires Sept. 30, 2013)
  • Single Stamps: Holiday Assortment #5 is now available! Choose your favorite (or all) single stamps until January 31, 2014!
  • Envelope Punch Board: Make over 66 different sized envelopes with this new tool!
  • Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 6 sets during this limited time trial!
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love how you changed the look of the doily by sponging color on it-great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you made the fall theme work. Love those leaves and the pretty doily. Fabulous job. Thanks so much for being part of the TSSC team!

    ReplyDelete