WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, September 2, 2013

Trick or Treat - TSSC278 Sketch Challenge


Welcome to another week of the Technostamper Sketch Challenge! Check out this week's sketch #TSSC278:


I have been anxious to use my new products from the Holiday Catalog. When I saw this sketch I thought the Tags 4 You stamp set with matching punch would be PERFECT....and then I realized that my punch is on a UPS truck heading my way - so I replanned my project. Check it out!


I'm so excited that Halloween is next month!!! Halloween is such a fun time at my house and I can't wait to start decorating, carving pumpkins, and picking out costumes! I wanted this card to be quick and simple and I think this fits the bill!

I started with a base of Basic Black card stock and used the Witches' Brew DSP that I received for FREE as a winning Prize Patrol item. I stamped the image with Stazon onto Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out with a 1-3/4" circle and layered it with a Basic Black 2-3/8" Scallop Circle and mounted it with dimensionals. (I toyed with using my Black Stampin Glitter that I also won as a Prize Patrol item, but thought that might take away from my quick and simple plan.)

I cut a 1/2" strip of Pumpkin Pie card stock and "flagged" the ends (is that an official term?) and used 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon as an accent. Voila! Quick and simple right?


We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me



Supplies used for this project:
  • Stamps: Tags 4 You
  • Ink: Jet Black Stazon
  • Paper: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, and Very Vanilla card stock
  • Accessories: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon 




(Click on any of the links below)

  • Butterfly Bundle Special: Save 15% when you buy this butterfly punch and stamp set. (expires Sept. 30, 2013)
  • Single Stamps: Holiday Assortment #5 is now available! Choose your favorite (or all) single stamps until January 31, 2014!
  • Envelope Punch Board: Make over 66 different sized envelopes with this new tool!
  • Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 6 sets during this limited time trial!
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!

1 comment:

  1. I just adore this. I used to make so many Halloween cards but I never use them so I don't bother any more--there are so many cute sets though! This card is one of those really cute ones that makes me want to make Halloween cards. Thanks again for another awesome sample for my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete