WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, January 27, 2014

Baby, We've Grown - TSSC299


Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge with the Technostamper. Check out this week's sketch:


Here is my card:


Whew it feels good to be back! I've been out of town (and back home and out of town and back) for a family emergency for several weeks now. Traveling from Tennessee to Indiana with 3 kids (twice!) is quite challenging - and I didn't take any projects to work on so I was really missing my stamps, paper, and ink! The snow and ice didn't help our travel plans and even delayed us by a day when they closed the Interstate we were traveling!

I couldn't wait to get home and open my box waiting at home for me with some of the newest cutest stamps I had ordered! Baby, We've Grown was one of the first stamp sets I fell in love with from the new 2014 Occasions catalog. I just love those owls!


I realized after creating this post that the picture doesn't show the greeting so well - so here is a close up:


Aren't those owls adorable??? I started with a base of Coastal Cabana and used a sheet of DSP from the Fresh Prints DSP Paper Stack. The greeting is actually directly under the owl image so I put some scotch tape over the words, inked up my stamp with Stazon, peeled off the tape and then stamped my image. Then I cut out the image with my Circle Framelits Dies and cut a Crumb Cake border. 

Then I taped the owls with scotch tape (leaving the greeting exposed), inked up my stamp with Stazon, peeled off the tape, and stamped onto Crumb Cake card stock and punched it out with my Large Oval Punch an then matted that oval with Coastal Cabana cut with my Oval Framelits Dies. I thought about actually cutting the words away from the image but they are rather close and I didn't want to cut off my owls feet!

I originally had planned to use the other side of the DSP but after cutting the triangle in the lower corner, I decided the reverse side looked better - so I flipped the sketch just a tad! I colored the owls "clothing" with Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, and Gumball Green. I used my banner punch (free during Sale-a-bration starting tomorrow!) to punch the Calypso Coral banners and popped up that entire piece with dimensionals.


We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me


Supplies: (tams# 287)



(Click on any of the links below)
  • Clearance Rack Blitz:The clearance rack has been restocked and some of your missing favorites can be found discounted up to 80%!
  • Occasions Catalog: Order your FREE copy of the 2014 Occasions (Spring) catalog which will debut on January 3, 2014
  • Valentine's Exclusive Release:  Get ready for Valentine's Day with these exclusive stamps and kits! Check out the images or bundles available - while supplies last! (Promotion ends January 27, 2014)
  • Single Stamps: Holiday Assortment #5 is now available! Choose your favorite (or all) single stamps until January 31, 2014!
  • Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 11 sets. (Two sets of stamps have already sold out!)
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment