WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, February 10, 2014

Gold Banner Blast Valentine


Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:





I have been wanting to use my Gold Foil Sheets, Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, and Gold Metallic Encore Pad for several months and was so happy to finally find a project where I could use them!


I started with a base of Real Red followed by a layer of Whisper White card stock. I cut a 1/4" strip of Gold Foil Sheet and applied it to the end of my Whisper White layer, then adhered a piece of vellum flush with the Gold with glue dots behind some of the hearts, then adhered another 1/4" strip of Gold Foil Sheet flush with the vellum. 

I stamped a banner from Perfect Pennants and cut it out with my scissors and applied it flush to the card stock. I also stamped some banners from Banner Blast with Real Red and Gold Metallic. I punched out 2 Red Glimmer hearts with the Owl Punch and glued them to the flags before adhering the banners to my card. I wish you could see the sparkle from the Gold Metallic Ink on the banners!

I did pop up the Whisper White layer onto the base with Dimensionals, but since this card is so "flat" it's perfect for mailing with no additional postage! This card could also be used year-round to tell the one you love just how much they mean to you!
 

Supplies: (tams# 342)

Stamp
Ink
Card Stock
Tools & Adhesive
Punch

We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me




(Click on any of the links below)
  • Make an Impression: Texture Boutique is the perfect, portable tool to create embossed cards, tags, embellishments, and more.(while supplies last)
  • Sale-a-brate: Choose a free item from the Sale-a-bration flyer with every $50 purchase. Shop online or contact me! (ends March 31, 2014)
  • Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 12 sets during this limited time trial! (Two sets of stamps have already sold out!)
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE! (ends March 31, 2014)

1 comment: