WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, October 6, 2014

Ornamental Pine Christmas


Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:




Here is the sketch:



I finally had a chance to play with this stamp set and I can't wait to make more cards with it. I think the pine cone and branch will be great to use even past Christmas!




I took my color cues from the All Is Calm DSP - Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, and Pear Pizzazz. I started with a neutral Soft Suede card stock and used a 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" piece of All Is Calm DSP. I realized that out of the entire pack of paper, this is the only pattern of paper I seem to use. It must be my favorite pattern!



I also took a 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" piece of Soft Sky card stock and embossed with Lucky Stars embossing folder and Lost Lagoon ink. I LIGHTLY tapped the ink pad on the inside front flap of the embossing folder with my ink pad. I just wanted to get ink on the design that was protruding from the embossing folder and not ink the entire background. (Between you and me - I did get a little ink in places I didn't want but it's mostly hiding behind the main image.)



For the main image, I inked the pine cone with Pear Pizzazz ink and used an Early Espresso marker to color the stem before stamping. I stamped the greeting with Lost Lagoon ink. I stamped the pine cone with Early Espresso ink onto Soft Suede card stock and cut out the pine cone. The pine cone and branch are adhered with dimensionals. I tied some silver bakers twine around the card stock panel for a little extra accent.


We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!

Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me

tams# 1415

Product List

Product List
Stamp : Ornamental Pine Clear-Mount Stamp Set [135107] , Ornamental Pine Wood-Mount Stamp Set [135104]
Ink : Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad [131180] , Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad [126974] , Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad [133644]
Card Stock : Soft Suede 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock [115318] , Soft Sky 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [131203] , Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [100730] , All Is Calm Specialty Designer Series Paper [135823]
Tools & Adhesive : Stampin' Dimensionals [104430]
Ribbon & Trim : Silver Baker's Twine [132976]
Big Shot : Lucky Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folders [135817]

1 comment:

  1. This card is just stunning! The pine cone is so bold and beautiful. And I love that you colored the branch so realistic looking. Awesome job, thanks so much for being a part of the TSSC team!

    ReplyDelete