WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, October 27, 2014

Perfect Pennants Sketch Challenge


Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:


Another card with a purpose! I love using Mary Jo's sketches to make cards that I will actually be sending to friends and family. This week's card will be going out to a friend who just had surgery last week and is finally home recovering. I hope this card puts a little sunshine in her day!

I started with the Perfect Pennants Stamp Set:


I thought about making a standard A2 card but really liked the design - I think it's because I love symmetry. I opted to make a 4-1/4" square card so that I can still send it in a standard size envelope.

I chose the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack using  Hello Honey, Blue Lagoon, and Blackberry Bliss as the color scheme:


Here are some other card details:

  • card base is Hello Honey - 4-14" square
  • Silver ribbon is glued to card front with Tombow "green" glue
  • Background DSP is cut at 3" square and mounted on 3-1/8" Lost Lagoon
  • Diagonal striped DSP is cut at 1-1/4" x 4-1/4"
  • Greeting is stamped with Lost Lagoon ink pad and then I used a Blackberry Bliss marker to color over the Lost Lagoon ink to make the work "good" stand out from the rest of the sentiment. 
  • I punched out greeting with 2-1/2" circle punch and mounted with dimensionals
  • I made a little bow from the silver ribbon and attached it with mini glue dots - DONE!

We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! 



Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!

Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me
Mary Brown - Stamper Camper's Corner


Supply List:

tams# 1599

Supply List:
Stamp : Perfect Pennants [english, wood] [133227] , Perfect Pennants [english, clear] [133230]
Ink : Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad [133644] , 2014-2016 In Color Stampin' Write Markers [133654]
Card Stock : Moonlight Designer Series Paper [133701] , Hello Honey 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [133678] , Lost Lagoon 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [133679]
Tools & Adhesive : Stampin' Dimensionals [104430] , Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive [110755] , Mini Glue Dots [103683]
Punch : 2-1/2 Inch Circle Punch [120906]
Ribbon & Trim : Silver 1/8" Ribbon [132137]

1 comment:

  1. I am sure this card made your friend feel better, so bright and cheery! I love it. Thanks so much for being on the TSSC team!

    ReplyDelete