WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, November 24, 2014

Gentle Peace Christmas



Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:



Check out the sketch:



Can I just tell you how AWESOME Blendabilities are? I fell in love with this stamp set with so many awesome samples being shared by other stampers. However, I chose to use this stamp for this sketch challenge so I could use my Blendabilities Markers. 




While there isn't a need for any special coloring "technique" for this stamp set, as the spaces you color are small, I quickly decided that Blendabilities are not only fun but perfect to just COLOR things with. Why? Because they are alcohol-based (and not water-based) the color saturates the paper. Why is this good? You don't have to follow traditional rules for marker coloring - i.e. you can color in ANY DIRECTION!!!! I colored in circles, vertical lines, and horizontally in the same area - and I bet you can't tell from looking at my finished project. Go ahead - look again!

Now back to the stamp set, Gentle Peace. Isn't it beautiful and full of love? 



I started my card with a Crumb Cake base stamped with the Hardwood stamp in Crumb Cake ink.



After coloring the Gentle Peace image, I decided to cut around around the edges of the wood-framing from the stained-glass scene and round the corners. I matted with Night of Navy card stock. 

I wanted just a little more woodgrain look so I embossed the Early Espresso strip of card stock and decided to use it like a window ledge. I stamped the greeting from the stamp set with Night of Navy ink. The embellishment was colored and punched out with a 3/4" circle punch and matted with a 1" circle of Daffodil Delight.

I did finish the inside - yay! 



You don't have to do a lot when finishing the inside. I carried the Night of Navy color to the inside by matting the liner with Night of Navy card stock after stamping the greeting with Night of Navy ink.

One more tip: I found it is super easy to clean your photopolymer stamps (with no staining) in the kitchen sink! I just run water over my stamp while it's on the block, peel it off, and lay it on a paper towel (flat-side down) to dry. I prefer this method over using my Stampin' Scrub because no matter how clean my Stampin' Scrub is - I always seem to transfer a reddish ink color to my photopolymers - but not in the sink! 




Your turn! We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me


Product List
Product List
Stamp :
Gentle Peace Photopolymer Stamp Set [139523] , Hardwood [wood] [133032] , Hardwood [clear] [133035]
Ink :
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad [132708] , Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad [126975] , Night Of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad [126970] , Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Night Of Navy Assortment [131001] , Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Daffodil Delight Assortment [130998] , Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Crumb Cake Assortment [131004] , Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Old Olive Assortment [130999] , Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Calypso Coral Assortment [130996] , Stampin' Blendabilities™ Alcohol Marker Color Lifter [129369]
Card Stock :
Crumb Cake 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [120953] , Night Of Navy 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [100867] , Very Vanilla 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [101650] , Daffodil Delight 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [119683] , Early Espresso 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [119686]
Punch :
3/4 Inch Circle Punch [119873] , 1 Inch Circle Punch [119868] , Project Life Corner Punch [135346]
Big Shot :
Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder [127821] , Texture Boutique Embossing Machine [132657]

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful set and your card is just stunning! I think it is the best I have seen with the set so far. Super pretty. Thanks so much for being on the TSSC team and having such great samples week after week!

    ReplyDelete