WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, January 5, 2015

TSSC348 - World Map Love


Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:


Check out the sketch:




This sketch is so so great for quick and easy cards and a great way to use up your DSP scraps! BUT I didn't make mine too quick and easy today - but I did make it FUN!

I really wanted to use my World Map Stamp set for this sketch but didn't want to the time to color it in and I wasn't sure how accurate it would look. I started to stress out and even asked myself if I should google a picture of the world map to see how it's "actually" colored....but I reminded myself that this did not need to be complicated!



Instead - I grabbed my Blendabilities and SCRIBBLED!! 

I used Night of Navy (L), Daffodil Delight (D), and Old Olive (M) Blendabilities markers on my 3" x 5-1/2" Whisper White card stock. I didn't worry about keeping my lines straight and even let them overlap a little as I scribbled - keep it simple!! 

I tried to alternate the angles of how I colored and added a few curves here and there. After I added a few intentional patches, I just filled in the rest of the page with more patches of color. It looks scary but wait...it gets better! (Normally Blendabilities don't look this streaky but I took the picture before it had a chance to really saturate the paper and dry.)



Then I inked my World Map stamp set with Memento Black ink and stamped the image onto the scribbled patches of color. It looks less scary now and I can see the project coming together! 


Then I cut the card stock into 1" strips and adhered to my Night of Navy card stock. I created a banner with Daffodil Delight card stock and embossed it with the Arrows TIEF. 

I stamped the greeting from Chalk Talk with Night of Navy ink and punched it out with the Extra Large Oval Punch and mounted it to the banner with Dimensionals. I added a few Frosted Sequins with glue dots. (Last call for these beautiful embellishments! The Holiday catalog ends today!)


So much better - and who is going to know that I scribbled these colors onto the card? I might sit down some time and more accurately color the image for another card, but for today I'm happy with the way this turned out and it was still pretty easy to create!


We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me

Supply List
Supply List
Stamp :
Chalk Talk Clear-Mount Stamp Set [130634] , Chalk Talk Wood Stamp Set [130631] , World Map Clear Stamp Set [130345] , World Map Wood Stamp Set [130342]
Ink :
Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Night Of Navy Assortment [131001] , Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Old Olive Assortment [130999] , Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Daffodil Delight Assortment [130998] , Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad [132708] , Night Of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad [126970]
Card Stock :
Night Of Navy 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock [100867] , Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock [100730] , Daffodil Delight 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock [119683]
Tools & Adhesive :
Liquid Multipurpose Glue [110755] , Stampin' Dimensionals [104430] , Glue Dots [103683]
Punch :
Extra-Large Oval Punch [119859]
Accessory :
Frosted Sequins [135835]
Big Shot :
Folder Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder [132187]

2 comments:

  1. This is SO COOL! I love how you colored the map image, how very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really brilliant. Love the background with the sentiment! Perfect and the technique is so cool! Thanks so much for being on the TSSC team!

    ReplyDelete