WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Friday, July 22, 2011

RIP Grandma Bennett


I just got the call last night that my Grandma Laverna Bennett passed away last week. We weren't very close as I didn't meet her until I was 14 years old and was never really able to establish a "normal" grandma/granddaughter relationship. The family is having a memorial service at Oxbow Park all day tomorrow and I won't be able to attend mostly because it's a 9 hour drive and I don't really know that side of the family too well. It seems as if death has been poking it's head into my life too much lately. In the last 3 months I have lost my stepdad and several family friends.

I feel fortunate that I was able to see her 5 months ago when I was visiting my ailing stepdad. I was also able to talk with her about her ancestry as I've been researching my family tree lately. I was surprised there was a lot she didn't know but I was able to get some direction. I love you Grandma!

I made this card to send to the family and to let the family know I am thinking of them and as a way to reopen the lines of communication between me and my biological dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment