WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Friday, February 3, 2012

Haley's Hearts Foundation


Our family is super excited for Saturday evening to come. Why? We are going to a Chili Cook-off/Winter Carnival that is being hosted as a fundraiser for Haley's Hearts Foundation. Haley's Hearts Foundation is a charitable organization that uses fundraising dollars to help families & patients with severe heart defects ease their financial burdens due to sickness or health.

There will be lots of different chili - and we love chili! There will also be some activity booths/tables and a silent auction to help raise funds for this great foundation. I was able to offer an item for their silent auction - some hand made cards and a free class for up to 10 people as well as and Idea Book & Catalog and other fun stuff to get inspired by! 




I had a lot of fun creating this criss-cross card. Beate Johns has a great tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. I like to create gift certificates on My Digital Studio. I have a few designs created and then I change the colors depending on what the Designer Series Paper being used. The actual gift certificate is easy since it's already done before I start. The envelope is actually super easy to create and I've made a few already. My toughest challenge is deciding which paper to use!  This time I used the a sheet from the new Twitterpated DSP package. The last time I was this excited about the DSP offered was back when Stampin' Up had Berry Bliss DSP. I still have some because I was always very cautious what projects I used it on!  

When I was creating this card I thought I was done but thought it needed something else but couldn't figure it out. I put it into the package and then realized - pearls! Yes, there is a pearl inside each of those circles on the gray side of the envelope and it is just gorgeous!! One of the hand made cards was specially made for this gift package. I will share it with you later this week - maybe even tomorrow! I hope that this prize package is auctioned at a great price and is able to help Haley's Hearts Foundation with their fundraising efforts.

Don't forget Sale-a-bration is in full swing! If you enjoy getting together with friends and family and doing something fun - call me and I will bring the fun and you can earn free product!





No comments:

Post a Comment