WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, April 16, 2012

Birthday Invitation

In planning for my daughter's 9th birthday party I told her that I would make her invitations (I couldn't just buy them!) and asked her what stamp set she wanted to use for her invites and party craft activities. She chose Best Friends Forever which I pretty much assumed she would. I looked around for some inspiration and found the perfect inspiration on Robin Merriman's website Trinity Designs.

I didn't have the stamp set for the date/time/rsvp lines but I did have it on Stampin' Up's digital designing software, My Digital Studio. So I stamped it digitally with Melon Mambo and added all the details in Basic Black so I wouldn't have to write each and every one out! Then I printed it out on Whisper White card stock. 

#118839 - Introducing Stamp Brush Set - $1.95
 Then I stamped with my Best Friends Forever rubber stamp set. The vines are in Lucky Limeade and the hearts are embossed with Melon Mambo embossing powder. Hailey was insistent that the hearts looked like they were ON TOP o the vines...the embossing powder helped achieve that look. Then I layered the Whisper White card stock on Melon Mambo card stock - and I'm done! 

Best Friends Forever Rubber Stamp Set - W#122805 -$23.95/ C#122807 - $17.95
This invitation is one-sided panel so it's a quick and affordable way to create your own invites! (And I didn't even use the Big Shot!!) If you don't want to make them yourself - hire me to do your custom work!

Supplies used for this card (clicking on the images will take you to my store and give you more information):

No comments:

Post a Comment