WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Outlined Occasions Thank You & Retiring Contest Reminder



  

I made this card to thank everyone that came to my son's 1st birthday party last week. It's very bright and colorful and I was able to use up the little scraps of paper that I couldn't bear to throw away!

I started with a Poppy Parade card base and added a layer of So Saffron. Then I added a layer of So Saffron striped DSP from the Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper pack. My next layer was cut using the Labels Collection Framelit Die. I stamped "Thanks" from the retired Sale-a-bration stamp set Outlined Occasions. I can't seem to stop using this stamp set (or the Sprinkled Occasions stamp set!)

I colored in the letters and stars with Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, and Baja Breeze markers. I also used my 2 way glue pen to outline the curvy line that runs through the word "Thanks" and then dusted with one of my favorite embellishments - Dazzling Diamonds - for some sparkle!

Then I used my new (to me) Stars #2 Originals Die with my Big Shot and used my DSP scraps and Baja Breeze card stock scraps for the different-sized stars. 

***Don't forget - the retired stamp list will be released tomorrow (4/15)! Submit your list of 10 stamp sets that you think will be retiring (not including hostess sets or the Ronald McDonald House Charity set) and get a prize for guessing the most correct retired stamps sets! Your chances are good since they have warned us the list will be long! 

I will submit the list from Stampin' Up as soon as they share it and the winner of my contest on Sunday (or Monday after  I pick myself off the floor!)***



Supply List for this project (clicking on the image will give you more information):

No comments:

Post a Comment