WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Friday, April 6, 2012

Quick & Easy Easter Treat Idea


I almost forgot to share this with you! This was a quick and simple Easter treat idea that I came up with last week for my daughter's class party. I thought her party would be the week of Easter but I forgot that she was going to be on spring break that week instead - so the party was the next day and I had to come up with something QUICK! 

I filled some cellophane bags with a combination of different candies, folded it over and stapled it shut. Then I created these toppers by punching out scallop circles in  4 different colors - Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink, Pool Party, and Pear Pizzazz - very spring looking! Then I stamped the baby chick from the Everybunny stamp set in Stazon so I could color in my images with markers without the black bleeding throughout the image. Then I colored the chick in Daffodil Delight and the coordinating color for the egg to match the scallop circles. Then I chose a darker color to coordinate for a sort of  monochromatic look - Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red, Island Indigo, Old Olive.

I punched out the chick and layered it on the coordinating scallop circle and I stamped Happy Easter from Teeny Tiny Wishes and attached the scallops with dimensionals. Voila - easy and quick!

If you still need to make some Easter treats you have time and I would love to help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment