WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Stampin' Up! Well Worn Birthday


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIJAH!

I made this card for my significant other. It's not easy coming up with a masculine card but this was fun. When the Well Worn Designer Series Paper was first released it was a GOTTA HAVE item! I bought the digital file and the paper pack. Then it sat for so long before I used it. I've used it some over the past year but I still have lots of full sheets in my pack!

I am not one for distressing except for some of the edges once in a while, but once I started I couldn't stop! Somebody really should have stopped me because I got to the inside and it looks like the soot from a fire spread all over the inside...I won't be sharing that with you. I thought about covering it up with card stock bu the edges would still shine through - and besides it adds character right?

Supplies Used:

  • STAMPS: Nature Walk, Happiest Birthday Wishes (retiring hostess set)
  • PAPER: Well Worn Designer Series Paper, Cajun Craze, So Saffron, and Early Espresso card stock
  • INK: Early Espresso
  • TOOLS/ACCESSORIES: Textured Impressions Embossing Folders Set, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals






6 comments:

  1. I love, love your card and the way you framed the cage! Thanks for playing this week and I look forward to seeing another beautiful work of art next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card. The colors, the framed birdcage, the torn paper at the bottom all combine to make a very unique card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masculine card, the cage in the frame is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your card, very pretty! Thanks for playing along this week

    ReplyDelete