WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Friday, June 8, 2012

Stampin Up - Stand Alone Pop Up Card



Happy Birthday Marie!!!


Today my friend and fellow demonstrator (and convention roomie), Marie, celebrates her birthday. I have been wanting to make some cards that are different from the usual card that opens on the side or the bottom. What perfect time than for a special birthday card?

This is a free standing pop-up card and is A2 in size so it will fit into a standard envelope. I knew she loves Certainly Celery and I wanted to try some of the new Designer Series Paper from the new 2012-13 Stampin Up Annual Catalog. She also helped show me the tap dancing technique - however after playing around with it a while I ended up with this idea instead. Isn't it beautiful?

I wasn't so sure about the Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper but I know that when I feel that way I fall in love with it once I start using it - which I did!  The color scheme used for this card was easy to figure out given the colors that are in the pack of the Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper.So I won't bore you with the actual details of the design of the card  because there are so many videos and tutorials out there with the instructions (but if you want to know either leave a comment or email me and I will be happy to let you know!).

I used the Mixed Bunch stamp set and punch which I have been using a lot lately. I don't have a Certainly Celery ink pad yet, so I used the now retired 2010-12 In Color Pear Pizzazz and inked up the entire stamp. Of course Certainly Celery would be perfect! Then I used the rock N roll technique and rolled the edges of the stamp in my brand new 2012-14 In Color Midnight Muse ink pad and then took my Cajun Craze marker and just picked a spot to "shade" in a round area....no precise location but it seemed to turn out the same for each stamp! Then I "huffed" on the stamp and Voila- beautiful! I punched out only the one for the outside because the slit the card fits in when folded doesn't allow for much thickness other than the 2 layers I already had. 


This is what it looks like folded. I don't think it's very visible in this picture but I also added some dazzling diamonds to all the flowers. The Certainly Celery was the base layer of the inside of the card and the color of the grosgrain riibbon which has sadly also retired. I also used a retired Sale-a-bration stamp set for the sentiment. I had a LOT of fun making this for Marie and I hope she enjoys it just as much. Happy Birthday girlie!!

Supplies used: (Click on image for more information)








DO YOU HAVE A NEW CATALOG? - If you don't already have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and would love to see the new catalog in your hands contact me for a FREE copy!

WANT YOUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS AT A DISCOUNT? Join Stampin' Up during June and get up to $125 of any Stampin' Up products for only $99 PLUS you will also get the Patio Party Suite of products (DSP, stamp set, and digital content valued at up to $48) - for FREE! No obligation to place any other orders if you decide you don't need anything else! Join NOW!! If you don't know what you want let me help you decide the best kit for your personal needs.

GET $115 FREE PRODUCT! When you have qualifying sales from your workshop or party in June or July of $450 or more you will get an additional $50 hostess credit - on top of the normal $65 plus any item at 50% off!!! When you have party sales of $150+ you can still get the usual hostess credit of $25 or higher - depending on your sales. Contact me to schedule your next event - girls night out, private class, group party - your choice!

1 comment:

  1. Carolyn,
    I did enjoy it as much or more than you did. I really appreciated that you took the time to make this card especially for me on my birthday.

    Your were a great roomie at convention and a super great friend!

    Love,
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete