WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, July 30, 2012

Convention Recap Day #3


This was the winning video of the 2012 Convention Commercial contest. The idea behind this video seems to be a missing Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and once they piece together the clues from the craft room aka "crime scene" it is determined that the demonstrator is actually not missing, but at Convention 2012! Cute idea! I think the winner of this video got $500!



THIS WAS MY FAVORITE VIDEO! Funny and so close to home! Stampin' Up is "Cool Like School"! The creator of this video got 2nd place and I think a $250 gift certificate!


Isn't this Halloween Craft Tray ADORABLE! I love Halloween decorations!! Stampin' Up challenged us to recruit up to 1500 demonstrators in August and we can earn up to 3 FREE stamp sets as well getting this tray and all the supplies to create it for FREE! And anyone that decides to join Stampin' Up can also get the same tray and supplies for FREE! A starter kit is $99 and includes up to $125 in products and FREE shipping. Contact me if you are interested or have questions about being a demonstrator! If you are interested in a discount only - I can help you with that!


My first class for Friday's breakout classes at Convention 2012 was I AM A LEADER with Brian Pilling. I always find him interesting to listen to. He wanted to call the class I AM A BAD LEADER but that didn't pass, however he shared great tips about good leaders vs bad leaders!


My 2nd class was I AM DOING BUSINESS "MY WAY" with Bonnie Thurber, Tami White, and Ronda Wade who shared how they hold various events "their way" and how we can learn from their experiences. It's so great that Stampin' Up realizes that we all run our business differently and have different goals in mind and encourages us to be unique and do things "our way"!


My 3rd class was I AM SAVVY with Donna Griffith, Meg Wheeler, Dawn Griffith, and Laura Milligan where they demonstrated various ways to craft awesome projects! One used ribbon scraps and one used fabric (sew and no-sew projects). Unfortunately my camera died so I was unable to get pictures. I did video some of their demonstrations with my phone so I can review them later! 



I was so happy that I chose to stay at the Marriott hotel across from the convention center. I ran back to my hotel room several times between session/events, usually because I forgot something.... It did cost a little more by staying there (no free breakfast or wifi) but the convenience of being RIGHT THERE was worth the extra money! (Besides I packed my breakfast and snacks so I saved money there too!)


I attended the HISPANIC NIGHT event Friday evening where we all got a FREE stamp set - Quinceanera - and had a Make and Take using that stamp set. We also saw some awesome demonstrations and got some valuable information about the Hispanic Market. I'm a geek for data so I loved hearing about that stuff. I will be sharing some of my favorite samples using Hispanic stamps at a later time! 

Isn't this bag cute? I love the silver glimmer paper behind the apothecary accents framelit - and the color combination - Pool Party and Primrose Petals!









DO YOU HAVE A NEW CATALOG? - If you don't already have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and would love to see the new catalog in your hands contact me for a FREE copy!

SPECIAL: $5 STAMP SET - REASON TO SMILE? Spend $50 on your favorite stamping supplies and get the Reason to Smile stamp set for only $5!!! Download the flyer here!

GET $115 FREE PRODUCT! When you have qualifying sales from your workshop or party in June or July of $450 or more you will get an additional $50 hostess credit - on top of the normal $65 plus any item at 50% off!!! When you have party sales of $150+ you can still get the usual hostess credit of $25 or higher - depending on your sales. Contact me to schedule your next event - girls night out, private class, group party - your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment