WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Convention Recap Day #2


We started to line up around 7:30 Thursday morning for the first exciting General Session for Convention 2012. This isn't the best picture to start my blog post with but we all rushed in so quickly once the doors opened, and this was the best I could get! I wish you could have seen all the Stampin' Up! employees lined up and cheering us on as we walked in. I don't get emotional about much but it brought a tear to my eye for some reason...


Here is the Main Stage before everything started. I just love the theme "I AM"! And check out this video that kicked off the general session! If you haven't seen it, it's a very catchy tune that was lip dubbed featuring the Convention 2012 them and it was all filmed with Stampin' Up! employees in the corporate office. 


Doesn't this seem like a fun place to work? Either as a Demonstrator or as an actual employee!


After some words from Shelli Gardener about reaching out to a younger market (age 25-35) we were able to listen to Jason Dorsey aka "The Gen Y Guy" talk about the differences between Baby Boomers, Gen X, and Gen Y. This was very interesting and entertaining! Here he stood in 3 different poses and encouraged us to post the pictures to Facebook to see what kind of response we get and who we get it from.


Then we had our breakout classes. My first class was I AM REACHING OUT with Emily Montoya where she expanded on what Jason Dorsey spoke about. I learned how important technology can be with my Stampin' Up business such as blogging, facebook, texting, and You Tube.


My 2nd class at Thursday's session of Convention 2012 was I AM MAKING MONEY with Pam Morgan where she shared how attaining various leadership positions with Stampin' Up! can increase your revenue. I think the best advice shared was to make use of advance planning and goal setting. I loved hearing from other demonstrators what works for them.


The last class of the day was I AM A FIRST TIME RECRUITER with Jill Leigh, Jocelyn Rhodes, and Colleen Vassos. The class was presented like a talk show where Jocelyn and Colleen shared how they started recruting and how it affected their businesses.


Shannon West presented "Stamping Time" in our 2nd General Session of the day. She shared some great Halloween and Fall crafts that I can't wait to create! 


There were also some marches across the stage for various achievements. In this picture, Katy Zamer and my upline Rene Watson were on stage for having 4-7 recruits this last year. Rene also was on stage for achieving $30K in sales! 



Then we found out that MDS 2 would be released on August 1! It's not fully complete but most features are done and when the other improvements are done they will be available as a free update/download. I took the I AM DIGITAL class on Wednesday night and was able to get a free trial of the software and IT IS SOOOO AWESOME and soooo much better than before! 




We also had awards night Thursday night. I don't think even 50% of the attending demonstrators were at Awards Night. It was an eye opening experience to see the various achievements of my sister demonstrators. I applaud their hard work and dedication! Following Awards Night was an after party where everyone who came got some of the new Silver & Gold Dazzle markers that will be in the 2012 Holiday Catalog. Oh! And I also got a free pack of Storytime Designer Series Paper at my First Timers Lunch (with special seating) on Thursday. I love it!!


Day 2 of Convention 2012 is over and I can't believe there is still so much more to come!!!!







DO YOU HAVE A NEW CATALOG? - If you don't already have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and would love to see the new catalog in your hands contact me for a FREE copy!

SPECIAL: $5 STAMP SET - REASON TO SMILE? Spend $50 on your favorite stamping supplies and get the Reason to Smile stamp set for only $5!!! Download the flyer here!

GET $115 FREE PRODUCT! When you have qualifying sales from your workshop or party in June or July of $450 or more you will get an additional $50 hostess credit - on top of the normal $65 plus any item at 50% off!!! When you have party sales of $150+ you can still get the usual hostess credit of $25 or higher - depending on your sales. Contact me to schedule your next event - girls night out, private class, group party - your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment