WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Convention Recap #1


Convention was such a great experience and I'm so happy and thankful that I was able to attend. I have a wonderful support system at home that allowed me to leave my 3 babies (ok, not all babies - 15 years, 9 years, and 1 year old) at home and enjoy 6 days in Salt Lake City, Utah for the 24th Stampin' Up Convention.


I arrived on Tuesday night so I could start the early morning as rested as I could. First thing Wednesday morning we went on a trip to the Stampin' Up corporate offices in Riverton. This is where all our favorite crafting items are shipped from!


There is a Legacy Room where you circle through and you can see the history of Stampin' Up and a display case shows the creative process of creating the stamp as well as the dies used to make them. 




These were some of the beautifully decorated areas in the Legacy Room. 


Of all the displays, this was my favorite! I love the simple rail-like shelves for setting your picture frames on. These are even short enough in the front that they could be great in a craft room to place cards and other crafted items. (I bet this came from Ikea...I can't wait to get my own craft room some day!)





And some cute sample displays.... 



And of course I had to get a picture with "the rock"!


Then we went back to the Salt Palace Convention Center where we got our exclusive convention bags filled with our free stamp sets - You Are Amazing, Daydream Medallions, and Affection Collection - to be used for our Make and Take projects. I think I spent 3 hours on my Make & Takes and still didn't finish. I will share the ones that I completed with you later. 

We closed out the night by having dinner at the Macaroni Grill and then we went back to the hotel where some of my fellow team members gave us some great (handmade, of course) gifts which I will share with you later! 

Conference hasn't even begun and it already seems non-stop!










No comments:

Post a Comment