WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dawn!!! (and a paper saving trick)




Actually tomorrow (July 3) is my best friend Dawn's birthday but I know she's received her card already and I'm excited to share it! Purple is Dawn's favorite color and I have been working from the retired Berry Blossoms pack this week and it has my favorite purple - Wisteria Wonder - featured in this Designer Series Paper. 

Dawn and I have been friends for....WOW...25 years now!!! We first met in 6th grade on the school bus. I was one of the last few picked up and she seemed to have an open spot next to her most days. We got to talking and quickly became friends! After 7th grade she moved from Indiana to Arkansas but we were still able to talk on the phone, write letters (who does that these days?), and visit when she came to visit her dad's side of the family. Around High School she moved back to Indiana but she was still 3 hours from me! A few years later I moved to where she was (Indianapolis). By then we were adults with lives (children, husbands, pets, etc....) and we weren't able to make contact as much but we have always been able to find each other when we needed it. I moved to Tennessee 3 years ago and I miss her and all my friends terribly - BUT - I will be making a trip to Indiana this week and will be able to visit Dawn and a few others that I'm sure you will hear about later! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I'm packing my bags today and heading out 1st thing in the morning!

NOW, on to the card.... I used a card base of Wisteria wonder with a layer of Calypso Coral and Whisper White. I made another smaller layer of the same colors to frame the retired Berry Blossoms Designer Series Paper and attached it to the card with Dimensionals. I punched 4 squares using my 1-1/4" square punch then rounded only 2 diagonally opposite corners. 

For the sentiment I used my retired hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes and used my new Essentials Paper Piercing Pack to outline the oval (after I punched it) and then layered it with my Wisteria Wonder Scallop Oval Punch. I didn't think the piercing was very noticeable on the white so I used my Wisteria Wonder marker and connected the dots to outline the pierced area - sort of a faux stitching! I really tried to put something in the middle of all 4 of those squares but couldn't seem to figure out what I could use and take away from the images on the card!

HERE'S THE TRICK! I have been trying to use up my scraps and not cut into whole sheets of 12x12 and I wanted to make a ribbon banner on my card. I had a larger piece I could use and then thought...wait a minute....I will extend this piece by cutting it!

Now you see it....


Now you don't!

I actually had a larger piece but thought...why waste the one I already cut! What a great way to "extend" your paper scraps!


Supplies used: (click on image to see more information)







DO YOU HAVE A NEW CATALOG? - If you don't already have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and would love to see the new catalog in your hands contact me for a FREE copy!

SPECIAL: $5 STAMP SET - REASON TO SMILE? Spend $50 on your favorite stamping supplies and get the Reason to Smile stamp set for only $5!!! Download the flyer here!

GET $115 FREE PRODUCT! When you have qualifying sales from your workshop or party in June or July of $450 or more you will get an additional $50 hostess credit - on top of the normal $65 plus any item at 50% off!!! When you have party sales of $150+ you can still get the usual hostess credit of $25 or higher - depending on your sales. Contact me to schedule your next event - girls night out, private class, group party - your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment