WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Butterflies & Friendly Phrases


I was looking for a quick and easy card to make for a class and decided to go to stash of swap cards from convention. This is what I found. I loved the butterfly and simple monochromatic color scheme - not to mention the font from the Friendly Phrases stamp set. 

Now I don't have this new Elegant Butterfly punch (it's on my list!) nor do I have the in-color paper stacks (even though I'm the Paper Addict) but I can make this with what I have!!

I was going to choose a different color DSP with a similar "small" repeating pattern but came across my retired Berry Blossoms DSP and decided to use my retired butterfly punch. Then, despite my love for Friendly Phrases, I used my retired stamp set Thank You Kindly for the sentiment.


This is what I came up with! I still used Calypso Coral and the coordinating Bakers Twine. I actually liked the smaller print of the Berry Blossoms DSP and there is more of a color contrast in the pattern. I decided the butterfly was too flat for me so I had to add a 2nd butterfly on top with a glue dot to "fluff" up it's wings. Then it still needed something....some bling! I cut 3 rhinestone jewels from the string of jewels and voila!

If I had the stamp set that coordinates with this punch I might use it to decorate the inside. CASEing (copy and share everything) is so much fun! We made this in a class last week and they loved it! (I think the bling "sold" them!) What do you think?

 



No comments:

Post a Comment