WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Oh Hello - Thanks So Much! & A Masking Technique



  
I can't believe I have gone almost a WHOLE week without blogging! I have so many samples to share with you! The Oh, Hello! stamp set is a set I didn't fall in love with when I first saw it! The phrase "Oh, Hello" stuck out so much and I couldn't see myself sending a card with that sentiment and I really really didn't need another flower! Then I started to see possibilities with that patterned oval shape, and those CHEVRON"S, and I send lots of Thank You cards and I love a stamp set with "You're Invited".



I was nearing the decision to purchase it and when discussing with my friend and fellow Demonstrator, Marie Hargis, my uncertainty of this stamp set, she generously gave this stamp set to me! She had ordered this stamp set for herself before finding out that she was going to receive this stamp set at Leadership Training in Orlando, Florida this year.

This is the card that I made for her to thank her for the stamp set. She is unsure of the Tea Lace Paper Doilies (which I love!) and I was inspired by this card. I just LOVE grey and pink colors together. 

I normally would recommend using markers to color the words different colors, however I don't have a basic gray marker...so I used a masking technique!



I couldn't find my scotch tape so I ended up using packing tape which was pretty easy to use. Just cover the part of the stamp that you don't want to be inked with tape...ink it up...take off the tape and voila - you can now stamp the partial image. This is perfect if you have a stamp with an image and text and you only want the image or only want the words or you want them positioned different than the design of the stamp. However - I wanted all the words, just different stamps - so I had to use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line up the words together.



I love my SAMJ - everything is always lined up perfectly with it!


I totally love this stamp set now! I can't wait to make more projects with this stamp set!! Thank you Marie!!!

Supplies used in this card:
Stamps: Oh, Hello!
Ink: Primrose Petals, Basic Gray, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade
Paper: More Amore DSP, Real Red, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories: Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Pearl Jewels, Blushing Bride Smooch Spritz (retired - but in the clearance rack currently!), XL Oval Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment