WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Whale You Be Mine?




I saw this card by Nicole Tugrul and LOVED it! I had to case it right away! I don't have the cloud embossing folder and I am not a "fussy" cutter so I had to revamp this what what I had and could work with.

First of all I DID fall in love with this stamp set when I first saw it in the catalog! I loved the embossing in the background so I opted for the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. I also am not a fussy cutter so I decided to use my Chevron Embossing Folder. I took my stamp pad and rubbed it over the inside front of the embossing folder, placed my paper on the inside back flap and ran it through my big shot. 



*TIP: If you run the embossing folder through the Big Shot and then run it backwards, you run the risk of it shifting. It is most noticeable when you ink the embossing folder like I did for this project. Fortunately, I wanted the look of waves - so it worked out pretty well for me!

I used my Happy Whale Clearlits Die to cut the whale. There are some other pieces that cut out with this die - an anchor, the whale blow spray, a fish, a star, and a heart. I used the little hearts with this die to put above the whales - because they are obviously IN LOVE! (Smile!) I also used my Hearts A Flutter Framelits Dies and Full Heart Punch for the top layers of hearts. I stamped the fun sentiment "Whale you be mine?" and cut flag tips on each end. 


If you see something you HAVE TO HAVE to complete this project or any other project - shop my online store 24/7. (And don't forget the clearance section while you are there!)

Supplies used for this project:
Stamps: Oh Whale!
Ink: Real Red, Pacific Point
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, and Pretty in Pink card stock
Tools/Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Happy Whale Clearlits Die, Full Heart Punch, Hearts A Flutter Framelits Die, Basic Pearl Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment