WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Friday, February 22, 2013

Wishes Your Way - Bleach Technique




Sorry about the lack of posts lately - I've been trying to figure out how to better manage my time! I've been crafting away but just haven't been able to share with you! If you have time management tips - please share!

I had a friend, and fellow demonstrator, who wanted to borrow my Pinwheel Sizzlit Die because she was inspired by a sample she had seen in the Stampin' Success magazine. (Stampin' Success is a demonstrator-only magazine you can get for free as a demonstrator!) She returned it and while I didn't see her sample I went back to the sample in the Stampin' Success and realized it focused on the bleaching technique - which I had just recently tried myself. What a fun technique!

I'm a CASEr (copy and share everything-er) and loved the colors used in the magazine sample but I didn't have them - so I used what I had (since I had a class the next day myself that I wasn't prepared for!) I experimented with a few colors of paper to see how bleaching affected them (I have TONS of scraps!) and found that I liked the Rich Razzleberry bleached best. I originally was going to make a card with the telephone booth  from Feeling Sentimental, and try to make the windows "glow" but didn't like the look.... tell me what you think.

I wanted to stamp the "Tardis" in glowing form - I wanted to use Midnight Muse but it was too green after bleaching. I tried Pacific Point and my first stamp wasn't all that great:



Kind of ghosty - eh? So then I thought I would heat emboss in black and then bleach in the lines with my aquapainter...




Better (sorry for the blurry picture - I've been using my camera phone since my camera battery is lost!) - but I wasn't looking for a yellow/white kind of phone booth....hmmmm...


That's more of the effect I was after but there is still a LOT of shading in the windows so it's hard....but I may keep trying with other colors... and I need to trim the edge of my stamp!

Ok - back to my original card! Here was the original version from Stampin' Success:

Beautiful! The colors they used were Summer Starfruit, Melon Mambo, and Basic Gray. I decided to use Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, and Tempting Turquoise. I also used the coordinating stamp set for the pinwheel called Wishes Your Way and I added some paper piercing with the Piercing Essentials Paper Piercing Mat. One more look at my card:


If you have cards you have made with bleach paste a link to your picture or your blog in the comment field below so we can all see them!
 
Supplies used for this project:
Stamps: Wishes Your Way, Oh Hello
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquiose, and Rich Razzleberry card stock, Brights DSP stack
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer, Stampin' Piercing Mat, Pinwheel Sizzlit S Die, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Silver Mini Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment