WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge (TSSC251)




Welcome to another week of the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Check out this week's sketch below:


I'm happy to say that I "almost" followed this sketch to the final design! The one thing that did jump out at me (besides being able to use what was once my FAVORITE Top Note Die) was the stamp set A Fitting Occasion. 
There are some very cute little images, as well as some cute circular messages for various occasions, and some stamps that coordinate with what I call my "labeling punches!"

Like I mentioned earlier, before Stampin' Up! started to carry Framelits, the Top Note Die was my favorite and most used Big Shot Die. Now, it's often forgotten so I was glad to see the shape on the sketch.
Like usual, I started with some DSP and chose my pattern and played around with color choices. I will let you in on a little secret - what you see is not what I started with! I wasn't digging what I had planned so I pulled up MDS and started playing with the color combinations. I often will use the color combo suggestions in MDS when I'm stuck on adding other colors. I realized I had the same Summer Smooches DSP in MDS so I decided to use MDS as a designing tool. See my "sketch"!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MDS!!!!! It's not just for scrapbooking, calendars, or even cards. I have used MDS as a designing tool several times and it has saved me from having to cut and recut and waste paper, glue, and embellishments! When I don't have the "exact" paper or punch or stamp, I just substitute something similar - just like you should when you are CASEing (Copy And Share Everything) something you find online, in a magazine, or even one you might have received personally!

Don't forget to check out the other talented designers sketch interpretations. We would love to have you play along with our sketch challenge! Link a picture of your project HERE - you don't have to have a blog to play along - just your project and a camera!

Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Sue Root - Stampin' with Sue
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Eileen LeFevre - Eileen's "Stampin' Fever" Blog
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me





(Click on any of the links below)

  • Sale-a-bration: Earn free products when you shop, host a party, or join the Stampin' Up! family (expires March 22, 2013)
  • Sent With Love: Limited time offer to get an exclusive travel-themed stamp set, DSP, or save and get the bundle! (expires April 30, 2013)
  • Single Stamps: Choose any single stamps from Assortment 3 or Assortment 4 (expires March 31, 2013)
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!
  • Paper Pumpkin: A monthly subscription service to have a project kit and all supplies (except adhesive) sent to your door. Always a surprise!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love how bright and happy it is:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a bright, cheery card and it's perfect for a birthday. Great tip about MDS. That was one of the reasons I originally got the program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I meant to say - it would be perfect for a birthday (since I often think of bright colors and birthdays). It makes a great thank you card, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card just makes me smile!! I love the colors and cheerful design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card just makes me happy, the colors are wonderful. Such a fun and happy feel to the card, you really rocked the sketch this week! Love how you used MDS as a design tool. Awesome job, so glad you are on the TSSC team--you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete