WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Best of Birthdays!


I make (and send) a lot of birthday cards - A LOT A LOT! So when I saw that Stampin' Up had this 25 year anniversary stamp set Best of Birthdays I knew I had to have it! I shared a sample with this stamp set the other day and the images from the stamp set.  Check it out here. I used the same DSP as the other project since it was still on my craft table.



My significant other gave me an Ott-Lite for Valentine's Day and I have to say it has tremendously helped the colors in my projects photograph truer to color! That being said, I tried over and over again to get the center cake image of this Baja Breeze ink to photograph better (it's really not this light in person) but I couldn't. I hope you can see it ....but just in case I have another sample for you!


I couldn't decide whether to use Baja Breeze or Rich Razzleberry as a card base, but since I had made 6 of  these I decided to use both! This center cake image is stamped in Tangerine Tango and has photographed much better! I love the piercing around the center circle - it makes the gap between both circles not seem so large.

I used a sketch from Operation Write Home, (did you know their sketches include measurements? AWESOME!) an organization I work with to donate cards to deployed soldiers. 

Speaking of Operation Write Home - it's not too late to register to make cards for soldiers with me tomorrow in Carthage, TN! I have a few simple designs prepped for you to make cards at this FREE event. If you are inexperienced or not comfortable making the cards you can attach already-made card fronts to card bases and or stuff them in envelopes! Register today and I will see you tomorrow!  

If you can not attend I will gladly accept any standard cards and envelopes (A2 sized) you have made at home - but please please please NO GLITTER. Great themes are birthday, thinking of you, thank you, miss you, love you, etc.

Contact me for more information about this event or to order supplies for this or any other project you would like to create!

Supplies used for this project: 
Stamps: Best of Birthdays
Ink: Baja Breeze or Tangerine Tango
Paper: Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White card stock, Floral District DSP 
Tools/Accessories: Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Circles #2 Originals Die, Big Shot, 2-1/2" Circle Punch


 

(Click on any of the links below)

  • Sale-a-bration: Earn free products when you shop, host a party, or join the Stampin' Up! family (expires March 22, 2013)
  • Sent With Love: Limited time offer to get an exclusive travel-themed stamp set, DSP, or save and get the bundle! (expires April 30, 2013)
  • Single Stamps: Choose any single stamps from Assortment 3 or Assortment 4 (expires March 31, 2013)
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!
  • Paper Pumpkin: A monthly subscription service to have a project kit and all supplies (except adhesive) sent to your door. Always a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment