Welcome to another week of the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is this week's sketch (TSSC250):
When I first saw this sketch, I thought - how easy - I can do this! Then I sat down to craft and didn't know what to do....it was almost too simple! The great thing about sketches is that you can keep it as simple or as over the top as you want - just try to keep the basic layout obvious in your final design.
When I don't know where to start I just pick out some DSP. This time I chose Floral District and picked a scrap out of my pack that looked about the right size. My favorite combination of colors with Rich Razzleberry is Island Indigo and Pool Party - but I wanted to mix it up a bit!
I had a Tea Lace Paper Doily that had been stamped accidentally during another project so I thought it would look cute all covered up - and a little bling is always great on a birthday card! I decided it looked a little washed out against the Daffodil Delight so I ended up using my color spritzer tool and spritz a little Rich Razzleberry onto the doily and I love it!! I wish you could see it in person - the contrast of the Silver Glimmer Paper and the card stock and doily look so cool!
I heat embossed with white embossing powder using a stamp from the 25th Anniversary stamp set Best of Birthdays. Here are all the great images chosen to represent the last 25 years - including a new exclusive image - can you guess which image that is?
Supplies used in this project:
Stamps: Best of Birthdays
Paper: Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, and Rich Razzleberry card stock, Floral District Designer Series Paper, and Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Versamark, Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker
Tools/Accessories: Pool Party 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Tea Lace Paper Doilies, White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, 2-1/2" circle punch, 3" Circle Originals Die, Color Spritzer Tool
Do you want to play along? We'd love to see your samples using this week's sketch! Visit the other team members blogs to check out their awesome samples. If you feel inspired and want to play along to go the Technostamper blog and post your sample for the week!
Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Sue Root - Stampin' with Sue
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Eileen LeFevre - Eileen's "Stampin' Fever" Blog
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me
(Click on any of the links below)
- Sale-a-bration: Earn free products when you shop, host a party, or join the Stampin' Up! family (expires March 22, 2013)
- Sent With Love: Limited time offer to get an exclusive travel-themed stamp set, DSP, or save and get the bundle! (expires April 30, 2013)
- Single Stamps: Choose any single stamps from Assortment 3 or Assortment 4 (expires March 31, 2013)
- Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!
- Paper Pumpkin: A monthly subscription service to have a project kit and all supplies (except adhesive) sent to your door. Always a surprise!