WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Summer Starfruit Easter




If you have been following my blog you may have heard me say that I have been trying to use Summer Starfruit more often. I have found, and discussed with others, that Summer Starfruit - by itself - is not the prettiest color in my color palette BUT matched with the right colors it can be a beautiful color! 

Summer starfruit is the STAR in this card today! I was inspired by a card I found on splitcoaststampers created by D. Daisy.  I thought it was just GORGEOUS and I had to CASE it! 

I love the look of tone on tone embossed pieces so I have a layer of Whisper White card stock embossed with Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on top of my Whisper White card base. I didn't have the flower trim at the time so I opted to make a flower using the Boho Blossoms Punch. I punched 3 of each size flower, I laid each flower in my hand and spritzed water on them with my Stampin' Spritzer, and wadded them into a ball and set them aside to dry. I used the Sycamore Street DSP that is free during Sale-a-bration - only 8 days left - and layered it on Summer Starfruit card stock.



I used Primrose Petals and Lucky Limeade on the flower. Before stamping it on the doily, i also sponged a little Frost White Shimmer Paint on the flower bud. You can slightly see the shimmer on the picture above. Instead of cutting off the edge of the doily, I just folded it over after adhering it to my card. I stamped a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes with Early Espresso. I think this card layout is great and lends itself to almost any style of card by just changing out the sentiment - Happy Birthday, Happy Mother's Day, Get Well Soon, etc....!

Back to my flowers - I unwadded each flower and if it wasn't quite dry I used my heat tool. Then I used my paper piercer and started with the smallest flowers and stacked all the flowers on my paper piercer. When all flowers had been pierced in the center and were on my paper piercer I pulled them off all at once and added my brad. The mini brads are great because of their tiny head but long long prongs! I finished it off with some Coordinating Summer Starfruit satin stitched ribbon.

Supplies used during this project:
Stamps: Oh Hello and Teeny Tiny Wishes

Ink: Primrose Petals, Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso
Paper: Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, and Primrose Petals card stock
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Boho Blossoms Punch, 1/8" mini brads, 3/8" Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon, Tea Lace Paper Doilies

(Click on any of the links below)

  • Sale-a-bration: Time is running out! Earn free products when you shop, host a party, or join the Stampin' Up! family (expires March 22, 2013)
  • Sent With Love: Limited time offer to get an exclusive travel-themed stamp set, DSP, or save and get the bundle! (expires April 30, 2013)
  • Single Stamps: Choose any single stamps from Assortment 3 or Assortment 4 (expires March 31, 2013)
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!
  • Paper Pumpkin: A monthly subscription service to have a project kit and all supplies (except adhesive) sent to your door. Always a surprise!

1 comment: