WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Friday, March 29, 2013

Valentine Chalkboard Art


Here's another card I came across that I never shared. It's a bit late but better late than never right? I didn't design this card but made it in a class hosted by my upline, Rene Watson. This was my first attempt at chalkboard art. This technique is pretty fun and easy to do.

  1. Start by finding an image or images you want on your card. You can use a black background for a traditional "chalkboard" or try using green or any other color you might want.
  2. Using White craft ink or versamark, stamp your image(s) and then pour White Embossing Powder over the stamped image(s) and shake off any excess. It's important to use your Embossing Buddy since you will be embossing white onto black - you don't want any stray specks. I think it will take away from your overall image especially if you only use 1 stamp. Use your heat tool to set the Embossing Powder.
  3. Take White Craft Ink and a sponge or lint-free cloth, and lightly rub the ink onto your "chalk board" wherever you like - around stamped images, corners, or random spots.
  4. You can add to the picture by adding hand-drawn doodles with a white watercolor pencil or your White Signo Gel Pen. Add borders, dates, images, etc....
I can't begin to tell you all the supplies used for this project but if you are curious, let me know and I will be sure to find out.


(Click on any of the links below)



No comments:

Post a Comment