WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, April 1, 2013

Oh Whale - Thanks!


Happy April Fool's Day! I don't have any tricks for you, but I do have a treat! It's time for another week of the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge with the Technostamper (TSSC257)!  I made another simple card this week and I even have directions for you too!



I wanted to make some thank you cards for my customers that placed orders this last month and I realized I haven't used this stamp set in almost 2 months! I loved this stamp the second I saw it!! 

Oh Whale! Stamp Set



This will likely be my last entry to the monthly team challenge - "Use Your Color Coach". I chose to use Basic Gray, Melon Mambo, and Old Olive from the suggestion of the Color Coach. Here is what I did with the card:

  1. Start with 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Natural White card stock and fold in half
  2. Cut a strip of DSP at 1-1/4" x 5-1/2" (Which just happens to be 2 full columns on the Melon Mambo piece of Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper)
  3. Layer the DSP onto a 1-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Old Olive card stock and adhere about 3/4" from left edge of card
  4. Stamp the whale in Basic Gray on to a piece of 3" x 2-1/2" Natural White card stock. Add the water spout in Melon Mambo. Layer this piece onto 3-1/4" x 3" Basic Gray card stock.
  5. Using the smaller punch on your Crop-a-Dile, punch two holes on either side of the whale tail and thread about 8" of the Old Olive 3/8" Striped Organdy Ribbon up from the bottom and tie into a bow.  (You could also just make a bow and attach with a glue dot if preferred.)
  6. Adhere the whale image panel on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
  7. Stamp the sentiment in Melon Mambo.
How EASY was that??? I hope you enjoyed this card and will also participate in the sketch challenge! Check out the link on the Technostampers blog page below and don't forget to check out all the talented designers and their interpretations of the sketch.  
Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me



(Click on any of the links below)


2 comments:

  1. Your customers will love getting this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! That whale just makes me smile every time I see it! Love this. Thanks so much for the wonderful sample for my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete