WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday's Tip - Organizing Embossing Powder



Do you struggle to read the print on your embossing powder? Not only is it small but if you are like me - you have LOTS of different embossing powders -clear, colored, scented, glittery.....and you have to read each and every one to find the one you are looking for. 

Now this isn't my idea in whole - it was shared on Stampin' Connection, a demo-only resource where we all share ideas and projects with each other. Unfortunately, I didn't catch her name and I can't seem to easily locate it, but her idea was to label each of her containers with a coordinating color! 



I punched a coordinating color circle with a 1-3/8" circle punch. Now, I can see at a glance which one I want!!! There were a couple that weren't clear cut - such as Iridescent Ice (I used Silver Glimmer Paper) and Pewter (I used crumb cake and used my totally clear Designer Typeset stamp set to stamp the words "PEWTER"). Also, for the scented powders I used my stamp sets Scentsational Season (for Peppermint Stick and Sugar & Spice), the hostess set A Cherry on Top (for you guessed it - cherry!), and the 2013 Sale-a-bration Patterned Occasions (for Vanilla). I also wrote the names on the bottom just in case I couldn't remember. 



I keep my embossing powders in stackable Rubbermaid containers along with my buttons, glitter, and brads. I use my Brother label machine for everything in my craft room! Here you can see the side of my container.


Here is my containers on my shelf - next to my fabric and sewing supplies. As you can see I also keep my Powder Pal next to my embossing supplies and I also keep my Embossing Buddy in with my powders so I know where it is when I need it!

I hope this tip helps sparks you to organize something in your craft area! If you have a tip on organizing or have a question on how I organize certain things in my crafting area comment below or send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment