WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, April 22, 2013

Two By Two - Sketch Challenge (TSSC260)





Welcome to another week of the Technostamper Sketch Challenge! This week I wanted to use my Two By Two stamp set. This is another stamp set that I loved and HAD to have but didn't use it yet! Here is the sketch:


I knew I wanted to use soft subtle baby colors so I started with my go-to baby colors: Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and So Saffron. After going through all the colors I opted to start with a base of Pretty in Pink followed by a layer of Certainly Celery. The Certainly Celery was a scrap that had been embossed for another project but never used! I found a 1-1/2" x 5-1/2" strip of Pretty in Pink which was the perfect size for this card!

Here is a trick I like to use when I need to stretch my scraps:


I used a 1-1/4" square punch and knowing that the image piece was going to cover up part of the card, I lined up the squares on the strip to make it look like it was a complete strip from top to bottom - see the card again below:


If I hadn't told you - would you have known? I bet you wouldn't!

Watercoloring Tip:

Normally when I decide to watercolor my images I will squeeze the ink pad together (while still closed) so ink transfers from the pad to the lid. When you open your ink pad you will see the color on the lid. Then using my Aqua Painter, I "pick up" the color from the lid and start coloring. However, I don't own all the ink pad colors - so what do you do?



I store my markers by family in the clear mount cases (the same thing your Clear-Mount stamps come in!)  I took my Cajun Craze marker and scribbled on the top of the case (you can also do this on any non-porous surface like a wood-mount stamp box, glass photo frame, dinner plate, etc....) and used my Aqua Painter to "pick up" the color and then color in my image. The stripe of color on the right is what it looks like from scribbling the marker, and the color on the left is after the water from the Aqua Painter mixes with the ink. When you are done you can clean off the color scribbles by using a baby wipe or use a paper towel and Stampin Mist. I LOVE MY MARKERS!

Be sure to check out the work from the other Design Team members:
Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me


(Click on any of the links below)



1 comment:

  1. Your coloring on this is wonderful! I love that stamp and this is just a darling baby card! Great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for being a member of the TSSC design team.

    ReplyDelete