WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, May 6, 2013

Button Buddies Thank You



Whew! It has been one busy month! I had 2 kiddos with birthdays on back to back weekends, Girl Scout activities, FCE Annual Rally, and another birthday this weekend! One more birthday this week for the big "kid" and then Mother's Day and I think we are covered on major events until Thanksgiving....

If it wasn't for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge with the Technostamper, I might not get any crafting done! What a great sketch this week - right? Here is my card sample...are you ready.....it's pretty bright!



I love Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry together - add the Daffodil Delight from the print from International Bazaar and you have a great (and bright) color combination! 

I started with a base of Pool Party and added a layer of Rich Razzleberry. I used a strip of DSP from International Bazaar and made a flag from Daffodil Delight. I stamped the sentiment from the Oh, Hello stamp set with Stazon ink. 

Then I stamped the flower from the Button Buddies stamp set in Rich Razzleberry and punched it out with my 1-3/4" scallop circle punch. I punched a scallop circle from Pool Party with the 7/8" scallop circle and added a yellow button and layered it on my flower center, then popped up the flower with dimensionals.

I was itching to use my Simply Scored or some kind of embossing (I didn't use the Big Shot for this project - how did that happen?) so I decided to turn my card over and make a score line at the 1/8" line around the edge. So simple - but adds so much!

If you want to play along with this sketch share your project at the Technostamper's blog below. While you are at it - check out the samples from the rest of the team!
Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me


(Click on any of the links below)



2 comments:

  1. This is a great card! You're right that it's bright, but that's a good thing. I like how you used the Simply Scored to add the line around the outside edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to help you get some crafting done. I so love this card, the colors are so happy! Thanks for all the fabulous samples you always have for my sketches.

    ReplyDelete