Happy Monday!!! It's time for another week of the Technostamper Sketch Challenge (TSSC269)! Here is this week's sketch:
And here is my card!
I have been so excited to play with my new products and even pulled out some "old" products that I haven't used yet! I usually make a card with a certain person in mind - this time I just made it to be creative. Now I will have a cute card in my stash when I need it!
When I saw this sketch I knew right away that I wanted to use my Crisp Cantaloupe 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon and the Chalk Talk Stamp set - after that, it was all creativity at play! I started with my color coach to see what color schemes were recommended for Crisp Cantaloupe - I loved the Baked Brown Sugar, Bermuda Bay, and Crisp Cantaloupe but I don't have anything Bermuda Bay yet - so I substituted Island Indigo!
- Start with a 8.5" x 5.5" base of Baked Brown Sugar card stock - scored in half.
- Ink up your Chamomile Wheel with the Island Indigo ink pad. Roll your image onto a 2" x 5.5" Island Indigo card stock. (Tip - Use your Grid Paper to help line it up evenly)
- Adhere the 3/8" Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffled ribbon to the card with Tombow Multipurpose Glue and then add the stamped Island Indigo card stock slightly over the ribbon.
- Stamp the Chalk Talk Image with Versamark Ink and emboss with clear (or white) embossing powder.
- Add 5-10 drops Island Indigo Ink refill (depending on how intense you want the color) to a Stampin' Spritzer and fill with rubbing alcohol. Shake well and spray over embossed image. I lightly sprayed, waited a minute (ok I really used my heat tool because I'm impatient!) and then sprayed again. I found when I sprayed too much the first time and then sprayed the second time that the color seemed to bleed from the paper. Cut the image with the coordinating Chalk Talk Framelit Die.
- Stamp the same Chalk Talk image with Crisp Cantaloupe and cut out the banner. I adhered the banner with glue dots to the top of the embossed image. Then I adhered the image with dimensionals.
- Tie a bow in the Vintage Faceted Button and adhere the button with a glue dot to the card.
Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Sue Root - Stampin' with Sue
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Eileen LeFevre - Eileen's "Stampin' Fever" Blog
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me
Mary Brown - Stamper Camper's Corner
- Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla card stock
- Stamps: Chalk Talk, Chamomile Wheel
- Ink: Island Indigo, Island Indigo Ink Refill, Crisp Cantaloupe, Versamark
- Accessories: Chalk Talk Framelits, Vintage Faceted Buttons, White Bakers Twine, Crisp Cantaloupe 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Stampin' Spritzer, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
- Non-Stampin' Up!: Rubbing Alcohol