WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, July 29, 2013

Sketch Challenge TSSC274 - Magnificent Maple



Happy Monday! It's time for another Technostamper Sketch Challenge! Here's this week's sketch - TSSC274:


Personally for my family, school has already started and that means it's fall time - even thought it's not officially autumn! I decided to use one of my new stamp sets from the new 2013-14 Holiday Catalog - Magnificent Maple.


Don't these colors scream autumn? My 2 favorite times of year are valentines and autumn - because I love the colors! It always makes me think of when I was a little kid and the crafts we did in school and using all the oranges and browns and reds and greens for fall and reds and pinks and whites for Valentine's Day. I can't show you the Magnificent Maple stamp set or the Sweater Weather DSP until August 1 when the Holiday Catalog goes live but I assure you, everything is awesome!

I started with a base of Cajun Craze followed by a Crushed Curry pattern in the Sweater Weather DSP and another layer of a Chocolate Chip patterned paper also from the Sweater Weather DSP. I stamped the leaf in Crushed Curry and tapped the sides of my Cajun Craze and Tangerine Tango markers over the inked rubber before huffing and stamping onto Very Vanilla card stock.

I cut out the maple leaf with the Window Frames Framelits Dies. I stamped the greeting from the hostess set Banner Greetings in Cajun Craze and trimmed it with my paper snips. If you know me, you know how much I DESPISE cutting around my stamped images. I would much rather use punches or framelits! However, I have noticed lately that I have been doing it more and more and I am glad to say that I'm getting better with practice - which is what is going to make me enjoy it more - right?


The best thing about this card? It's totally FLAT! Well...almost! The banner is attached with dimensionals but it is still a perfect card for mailing! Please join us in this week's sketch challenge and post your project using the above sketch on Mary Jo's blog listed below. Be sure to also check out the rest of the gorgeous work our design team has created to inspire you:


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me
Mary Brown - Stamper Camper's Corner



Supplies Used:

Stamps: Manificent Maple (NEW!), Banner Greetings
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango
Paper: Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (NEW!);
Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock
Accessories: Window Frames Framelits Dies



(Click on any of the links below)

  • Stock up & Save!: Buy 3 packs of DSP and get 1 FREE! No limits!!
  • FREE Kits: Join the Stampin' Up! family and choose 1 of 4 free kits along with your custom Starter Kit for only $99 which includes up to $125 of your favorite products!
  • Clearance Rack: Check out the updated Clearance Rack and save up to 80% while supplies last!
  • Paper Pumpkin: Get a project kit sent to your door each month! Subscribe today or contact me to see the past kits and sample ideas.
  • Single Stamps: Choose any single stamps from Assortment 3 or Assortment 4 (expires July 31, 2013)
  • Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 6 sets during this limited time trial!
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!

1 comment:

  1. I love these rich fall colors, I am not ready to give up on Summer yet though! This set is so wonderful and so is your card. Thanks so much for all the wonderful samples week after week for my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete