WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Convention Swaps - Part 1



I bet you are missing the Flashback Friday post - right? With school starting and getting the youngest ready for preschool and adjusting to a new schedule it's going to take me a few weeks to get into the "routine". I apologize now, but bear with me - you will love what's coming in the next few weeks and months!

I thought I would start by sharing some of the swaps I received at convention. Some people like to make 20-50 swaps, while others might make hundreds. I actually met some people that made 400-600 swaps!!!! I actually only made 16 for general swapping while in lines and waiting for different events to start. Believe me, there is so much going on at Convention that swapping is only one part of it all so I didn't feel like I missed anything by not having hundreds of swaps - plus there are so many other ideas I was able to capture at Convention via the display boards, not to mention the other swaps I thought were gorgeous that I had to take a picture.

Here is the swap I made:


If this looks familiar - you are right! I based my swap off the TechnoStamper Sketch Challenge for the week. You can check it out here.(By the way - there is still time to play!) I used the same hostess exclusive stamp set - Simply Sketched. 

I am in love with this set!!! Following are the rest of the swaps I received: (please note that not everyone included their name or location or recipe so I had to dig for the info or go without. If you find your swap on my page please let me know so that I can give you proper credit!)

Amy Dobbs - Midlothian, TX
Stamp Set: Bring on the Cake

Barbara Jackson - Arkadelphia, PA
Stamp Set: Backyard Basics, Feel Goods

Candice Anderson - Hyram, UT
Stamp Sets: Betsy's Blossoms and Happy Day
 
Cathy Dubreuil - Guildhal, VT
Stamp Sets: Snowflake Soiree, Many Merry Messages

Deb Lehigh - York, PA
Stamp Sets: Secret Garden, Off the Grid

Diana Buckingham - Freeville, NY
Stamp Sets: Postage Due

Jackie Brewer - Oxford, MI
Stamp Sets: Perfectly Penned, Delicate Doilies
 
Jamila Carter - Campbell, CA
Stamp Sets: Sassy Salutations, Secret Garden
 
Janine Allen - Hope, AR
Stamp Sets: Beautifully Baroque, Creative Elements
 
 Jennifer Cotton - Midlothian, TX
Stamp Set: Tea Party

Kerry Waterman - Newfoundland, Canada
Stamp Sets: Chalk Talk and Gingham Wheel

Penni Anello - Columbia Falls, MT
Stamp Set: Blue Ribbon

Susan G Peters - Easton, PA
Stamp Set: Wetlands

Taryn Zmich - location unknown
Stamp Set: Simply Sketched

Vicki Ott - Janesville, WI
Stamp Set - Flower Shop

Awilda Cruz - Douglasville, GA
Stamp Set: Perfect Blend, Off the Grid

Awilda Cruz - Douglasville, GA
Stamp Set:  Postage Due
 
Awilda Cruz - Douglasville, GA
Stamp Set: Label Love

Carol Gatton - Cookeville, TN
Stamp Sets: Mosaic Madness and Teeny Tiny Wishes

What did you think? Did you notice that I ended up with more swaps than what I started with? At any Stampin Uo event, remember, Swaps=currency! People hand them out as a thank you or in Awilda's case (notice I have 3 from her), we instantly bonded and spent most of the convention together, and she happily gave me one of each of her swap designs! 

Keep watchin - I will be sharing more convention swaps and other pictures with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment