WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, July 15, 2013

TSSC272 - Happy Birthday Cupcake



Happy Monday and welcome to another week of the Technostamper Sketch Challenge! What do you think of this week's sketch?


Here is the card I made for this week. I did move the circle a bit more left (mostly to cover up my DSP cut in the wrong direction!)

Can you believe the Create A Cupcake stamp set has been around for about 2-1/2 years? Sadly, when new catalogs are released, our old favorites tend to be forgotten. My favorite part of this stamp set (besides the cute cupcake) is the coordinating punch! I only wish that I could punch out the cute flower that is in this stamp set. I tried and tried and TRIED to "fussy cut" the flower but it never looked right, so I used my standby Itty Bitty Punch Pack for a flower on the cupcake.


I used the This and That Epic Day Designer Series Paper and punched a Calypso Coral border with my Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. I stamped the cupcake in Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight and punched the flower from Pool Party card stock and added a pearl for an additional accent. 


I stamped the greeting from the Banner Greetings stamp set (which is available exclusively for party hostesses) in Pool Party Classic Ink and cut that out. I can generally cut stamped straight lines but I can't seem to cut a border around my stamped images for some reason.


The banners were super simple - I just used my Bitty Banners Framelits and the This and That Epic Day DSP! I have a TON of cards to send out in July and many of them fall during the week of convention which means I have to TRY and plan to get them done in advance and send out...my cards don't always arrive on time, but they usually get them!



Supplies:
  • Stamps: Banner Greetings, Create A Cupcake
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, and Whisper White card stock; This and That Epic Day Designer Series Paper
  • Ink: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party
  • Accessories: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Cupcake Builder Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Pearl Jewels, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Circles #2 Originals Die


We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!

TSSC
Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me
Mary Brown - Stamper Camper's Corner




(Click on any of the links below)


  • Stock up & Save!: Buy 3 packs of DSP and get 1 FREE! No limits!!
  • Clearance Rack: Check out the updated Clearance Rack and save up to 80% while supplies last!
  • Paper Pumpkin: Get a project kit sent to your door each month! Subscribe today or contact me to see the past kits and sample ideas.
  • Single Stamps: Choose any single stamps from Assortment 3 or Assortment 4 (expires July 31, 2013)
  • Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 6 sets during this limited time trial!
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!

1 comment:

  1. Love this, this is one set I never did get although I was tempted because of the matching punch. Great card! Thanks for always having such great samples for my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete