WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pinterest Love - Chalk Talk


Do you love Pinterest as much as I do? I have gotten better at using my Pinterest time wisely but it it so easy to get caught up in the craft projects, recipes, and organizational ideas as well as so many more things that people share!

I came across this card made by Becky Jensen:



I loved this card! I loved the layers, the use of the new Chalk Talk stamp set, and the use of washi tape - so I pinned it! Since then, I have had over 100 repins of this card, so I know I'm not alone in how beautiful this card is!

Then I participated in a shoebox swap with my fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators (hosted by my upline Rene Watson) and knew this would be the perfect card to make, but I had to put a little of my own twist on the card:


I opted to have more color to my card than the ever-so-trendy monochromatic color scheme. I used Melon Mambo as my base and used Night of Navy stitched grosgrain ribbon along with the Gingham Garden washi tape. I'm not sure if you can see in this picture, but I did also add a rhinestone at the top and bottom of the Night of Navy stamped image.

Supplies used:
  • Stamps: Chalk Talk
  • Ink: Night of Navy
  • Paper: Melon Mambo and Whisper White card stock
  • Accessories: Gingham Garden Washi Tape, Night of Navy 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Extra Large Oval Punch, Basic Jewel Rhinestones, mini glue dots, stampin' dimensionals




(Click on any of the links below)
  • FREE Kits: Join the Stampin' Up! family and choose 1 of 4 free kits along with your custom Starter Kit for only $99 which includes up to $125 of your favorite products!
  • Paper Pumpkin: Get your first 2 months free when you use the code PUMPKINDEAL. Sign up today! (expires 8/31/13)
  • Undefined: Carve your own stamps!
  • Thinlits Card Dies: New Dies that will cut and score to create a card that "flips" in just one step!
  • Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 6 sets during this limited time trial!
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!

1 comment: