Welcome back to the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! It seems like it's been forever - right? We are back and ready to share with you an awesome sketch and projects!
This sketch isn't the simple symmetrical designs I'm used to, in fact I was really out of my comfort zone but I love how this project turned out!
I used the new Yippee-Skippee! stamp set. I loved the different fonts and contemporary phrases in this set and wanted to get it right away - but didn't. Imagine how excited I was when I received this (along with every demonstrator in attendance) at Convention!
For whatever reason I have found it challenging to use my new Chevron ribbon and when I saw this sketch I knew that is what I was going to use as my starting point!
What a fun way to start a project - with your embellishments first! Next I looked to my DSP to see which packs used Island Indigo and found a pattern I loved in the Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper:
I moved to my Color Coach and my Color Combos tool in My Digital Studio (MDS) to pick my color combination: Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, and Pear Pizzazz! It's easy - just click on the combos "tab" and then click on the color and each time you click, up to 10 different combinations will appear. Then you can hover over each swatch to see what the color is. You can also choose "surprise me" and it will throw out TONS of color combos for all the colors SU has in the MDS program. I really love this tool!
We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!
Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Sue Root - Stampin' with Sue
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Eileen LeFevre - Eileen's "Stampin' Fever" Blog
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me
Mary Brown - Stamper Camper's Corner
- Stamps: Yippee-Skippee! stamp set
- Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White card stock; Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Island Indigo
- Accessories: Island Indigo 3/4" Chevron Ribbon, Pear Pizzazz 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch, Labels Framelits Dies
- FREE Kits: Join the Stampin' Up! family and choose 1 of 4 free kits along with your custom Starter Kit for only $99 which includes up to $125 of your favorite products!
- Paper Pumpkin: Get your first 2 months free when you use the code PUMPKINDEAL. Sign up today! (expires 8/31/13)
- Undefined: Carve your own stamps!
- Thinlits Card Dies: New Dies that will cut and score to create a card that "flips" in just one step!
- Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 6 sets during this limited time trial!
- Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!