WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hope & Strength


Back in July I shared a card I received a card from the Karing Kard Klub but I don't think I ever shared the card that I sent as part of the card exchange. I thought I should share this before October is over!

In 2011 Stampin' Up - as part of their Making a Difference campaign - donated $2 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for every Strength & Hope stamp set sold! While I missed out on this event (since I was caring for a fairly newborn baby!)  I knew this stamp set was perfect for the theme of the Karing Kard Club - COURAGE - so I borrowed the set from a nearby stamper!


I started with a base of Pretty in Pink (now retired) and embossed another layer of Pretty in Pink with the Modern Mosaic embossing folder to go on the base.  I used a pattern from the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper and matted it with Basic Black. This pack of paper is entirely black and white with a variety of patterns from birds, to music notes, to stripes, and chevrons!

Modern Medley Designer Series Paper

 I stamped the butterfly with Pretty in Pink ink onto Very Vanilla card stock and stamped the words over the butterfly with Stazon Jet Black Ink and matted that piece with Pretty in Pink card stock. Then I stamped the "H" in Stazon and punched it out and layered with a punched layer of black card stock. (I don't have the card anymore so I don't know what size...) I added a layer of 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon over the entire panel.


For the inside I added a stamped-off image of the butterfly and the "H". When you ink up the stamp for the main image on the front - stamp the 1st butterfly - and then before re-inking the stamp for the 2nd butterfly inside - just "huff" on the stamp (to remoisten the remaining ink) and stamp the image to get a lighter ink image. I may have used Basic Gray (stamped-off) for the "H" as Stazon tends to dry very quickly and is not easily used for the stamp-off technique.



I JUST love how this turned out and wish I I had made another one to hang on my wall (maybe I still can!) I might have to see if this set is for sale - there are so many different ways to use this elegant stamp set! Here are a few other ideas that Stampin' Up! shared during their campaign, including a scrapbook page, a card, and a digital card using the Digital Kit sold during the campaign (no longer available).

The Karing Kard Klub is taking a break, but if you would like to participate in a one-for-one swap with me I would love to see your projects - all skill levels invited! You don't have to use all Stampin' Up! products - I just want to see you create! Email me for details or comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment