WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, November 4, 2013

TSSC287 - Best of Butterflies Sketch Challenge



Happy Monday!! Are you ready for another sketch challenge? Here is this week's sketch:



Here is my interpretation of the sketch:



I don't make enough square cards so I was excited to see this sketch challenge! I haven't had many chances to use my Best of Butterflies stamp set so I had to use it today. If you love butterflies, this is a must-have stamp set!

Here are the details for my card:
  • I started by stamping my butterfly with Jet Black Stazon onto Watercolor Paper. Then I colored the butterfly with an Aqua Painter Brush using Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango ink. 
  • I cut out the butterfly image with the Floral Frames Framelits Dies
  • I cut a sheet of Tangerine Tango from the Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper to 2-3/4" x 3-3/4". The Sweater Weather DSP quickly became my favorite pack of paper (in case you haven't noticed!)
  • I used the Soft Sky paper from the same DSP and cut it to 4-1/2" x 4-1/2" and layered on a Chocolate Chip 5-1/4" square card base (5-1/4" x 10-1/2" - scored at 5-1/4")
  • After adhering the DSP layers I mounted the butterfly image with dimensionals and stamped the greeting from Sweet Essentials onto a 3/4" x 4-3/4" strip of Crushed Curry card stock with Jet Black Stazon.
  • I added some dimensionals to the ends of the Crushed Curry strip and added some Basic Rhinestone Jewels to add that special touch!

Supplies:
  • Stamps: Best of Butterflies, Sweet Essentials
  • Paper: Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper, Chocolate Chip and Crushed Curry Card Stock, Watercolor Paper
  • Ink: Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Jet Black Stazon
  • Accessories: Floral Frames Framelit Dies, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals



It's Your Turn!



We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me


(Click on any of the links below)
  • MDS Seasonal Sale: 30% off select holiday downloads and print products! (Offer ends November 29, 2013)
  • Tag It Bundles: Our two new holiday bundles are available today! These bundles are excellent for packaging treats and small gifts this holiday season. (Offer ends November 19, 2013)
  • Gift packaging kit: Make cute tags in a jiffy with this stamp and tag booklet bundle! (Available through December 31, 2013)
  • Single Stamps: Holiday Assortment #5 is now available! Choose your favorite (or all) single stamps until January 31, 2014!
  • Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 11 sets during this limited time trial!
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment