WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Papillon Potpourri meets Paper Pumpkin




I love making other projects with the stamps from the My Paper Pumpkin kits! I found a card very similar to this on Pinterest and thought it was too cute and I had to CASE it! I started with a base of Crumb Cake and stamped some of the "splotches" with a stamp from the My Paper Pumpkin starter kit. After I made the card I realized I never stamped the right side of my card with these splotches...but that's ok!

WELCOME/STARTER KIT - photo lifted from Stampin' Mary's blog
Then I stamped my butterflies in Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, and Wisteria Wonder and punched them out with the coordinating Elegant Butterfly punch. I cut a strip of Whisper White card stock wide enough for my sentiment and to allow some room for embossing with the Needlepoint Border embossing folder.


Papillon Potporri stamp set



Elegant Butterfly Punch



Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder

I folded my butterflies in half and glued my butterflies to the card stock with a thin strip of Tombow Multipurpose Glue (aka Green Glue) to t he folded crease so the wings could pop off the main layers. I added a few pearls to the center of the butterfly for some extra bling! The greeting (found in the My Paper Pumpkin Welcome kit) was stamped in Early Espresso.

I have subscribed to My Paper Pumpkin each month since it started (back in March 2013?) and some kits I have loved and some - not as much - but I have always loved the stamps I received as well as the ink spots that I have been able to collect since I can no longer purchase them. If you would like to see more kits let me know - or contact me for a hands-on demonstration. I even have some extra kits for sale!

If you want your own starter kit and a pleasant surprise in your mailbox each month you can easily sign up for your own Paper Pumpkin subscription! If you don't already have a Demonstrator, I would would love for you to choose me (Carolyn Bennett) as your Demonstrator. Paper pumpkin subscriptions can make great gifts as well! You can skip a month (or a few) or cancel any time.

Each kit will include all the supplies needed to create your projects except for adhesive and scissors. The Welcome Kit will also include a clear block that you can use with all your Paper Pumpkin stamps. If you sign up by the 10th you will get your Welcome Kit in that month and you (and I) will be surprised with a new kit the following month. If you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask!


No comments:

Post a Comment